ram add in problems

The above post gave me a thought, whether it'll make any odds I don't know. The RAM has latency timings. From cas 4-9 I think. Are the sticks the same timing, the label on the side should tell you.

hi mates

still having problems

when we put a stick in, even after going into bios and changing the frequency from auto,
then next restart it don't want to start up until the setting is on auto.

i cant find anything anywhere about this timing stuff, sorry

Processor [SUP]a[/SUP] Main Circuit Board [SUP]b[/SUP]
3.10 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X2 255
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A77TD Rev X.0x
Serial Number: MF709CG05501331
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 0313 11/26/2009

the ram is
kingston kvr 1333d3n9/4g 1.5v

another set of ??
atmk1821228

another set of ??
99u5471-012adolf
06L2N-29PTJA-EW506
assy in taiwan

that's all the numbers and things i can find on this stick of 4 gig

the other stick is identical

thanks

ron

If you are having to change the bios every time it could indicate that the motherboard battery needs replacing. They are cheap and easy to do.

Andy

Ron,
The mobo will take a max of 16gb 4x4 gb DDR3 1066 or 1333 in dual channel mode.
Will the thing run with the original sticks in the original dimms/slots 1and 2 or 1and 3 for dual channel.

Just read this, try it.
Unplug power lead, put new RAM in, remember 1 +3 or 2+4 slots. Take battery out, now it says press power button to fully discharge system (5 secs), leave battery out for 2-3 mins. Replace all and start up.

John,

Thanks for the link.

I was going to create a new thread about a ram issue, but that link you put has worked for me instead. It's little things like this I am thankful for being a part of this forum/community. You guys and gals that are WAY more knowledgable about little tips and tricks, to make the sim as well as the computer a better experience, definately are appreciated by us less experieced people. So at the cost of sounding like a broken record,

Thanks for the link.

Jason

Ron,
Check that link that JCitron posted for you, you'll have to scroll down a bit but the RAM issues are there. 1 exactly like your lads is there.

thanks mates
went there and had a quick look
will post the question there later
on the road in pouring rain at the moment

had to stop to clean mist from inside windscreen

cheers
ron

Back