NYC subway Route

It's a price we all have to pay.:)

The elevated tracks look good by the way. When I learn more about splines i'll have no problem helping you out.

It's a price we all have to pay.:)

The elevated tracks look good by the way. When I learn more about splines i'll have no problem helping you out.

Thanks BStyle, Oh I have a question, Hope you don't mind asking it. The animation plays a big role when making things work, like wheels, lights, signals, movements and places splines?

Detailed tracks and elevated track structures will turn the fastest computer into the slowest computer.

Oh?, how come? :eek: I not for sure why unless it depends how much is being put in to it and is there a way to avoid the slow down on the computer when ever this mod is placed in the game?

I do animate objects. It's a tedious task, and it sends me back to the tutorial every time. Signals I believe, do not require animation. Correct me if i'm wrong. Splines do not require animation, especially if it's just tracks. Lighting(including the glow) is all in the textures.

Detailed objects slow down the game because of the amount of extra polygons that are used. Not only that, the texture size and usage also plays a major role in the lag. Unless you're placing rust on the elevated trestles then there's not much to worry about.

I do animate objects. It's a tedious task, and it sends me back to the tutorial every time. Signals I believe, do not require animation. Correct me if i'm wrong. Splines do not require animation, especially if it's just tracks. Lighting(including the glow) is all in the textures.

Detailed objects slow down the game because of the amount of extra polygons that are used. Not only that, the texture size and usage also plays a major role in the lag. Unless you're placing rust on the elevated trestles then there's not much to worry about.

That is very cool you do animation, I wish I could do that ^^.
I have been putting the texture on to the elevated and the size of the texture are 516x516. If that the size of the texture are to big than it might be a big problem than I will have to fix it up so it don't cause so much slow downs in the game when its used.

If I know how to do the track spline, it would guess me less trouble. But i'm looking around and trying to see who can help me with that but there is no takers yet.

For the Polygons, How many is to much in the polygon count?.. Like those two down at the bottom.

First one: is 3 El Tracks.

Second one: is 1 El Track.

Last edited:
ExpressLine3Train, I don't know if you have a fast computer but some people have slow computers. Over 5000 polygons for the three-track section may be too much for slow computers.

ExpressLine3Train, I don't know if you have a fast computer but some people have slow computers. Over 5000 polygons for the three-track section may be too much for slow computers.

I didn't know that. Hmm, there is no way to let up on the poly count? and trying not have effect on other peoples computer when this is in use?

5,000 is relatively low for an object, but also relatively high for just track. A boxcar would have twice as much and run perfectly fine. My R160 has 50,000+ polygons because there is so much detail. I'm working on lowering that number.

That 132lb MBTA Ballast that was released a while back would have around the same number (that's 5,000), It's relatively normal if it's detailed track, but if stretched too far would eventually cause a lag. I see that your railroad ties have pins and nails. That is unnecessary, but is a nice touch. The scaffolding does seem to have some extra faces too.

To BStyles

So, Let try to make this seem right in my head. (its so rough in my head trying to get all processed) For a train car like the Boxcar you said it "works normal if it was around 10,000 but if its to high things can slow down very easily depending how much polygons you put on it. I have seen the R160subway train you was making, its was very impressive now. I like them as well as the looks and sound. Now knowing you going to do a little bit of fixing to bring the polygon count down a little lower 50,000+ and down lower. But do your best on it. Can't wait to see it when done.

For the Tracks, I know you said there "if stretched too far would eventually cause a lag". In other opposition is it possible to shorting the track a bit?... because once its place in the Trainz game it able to recopy as the tracks gets longer but im not to sure my self how that works. The scaffolding I had done a bit with edit poly. Its box down to the rail tie and the bar is plan cylinder.

To jeffmorris

If I do it as boxes and planes for future track projects and plus through out this the objects there up top, it will make a big different in the poly count and not making the game lag to badly??

That is very cool you do animation, I wish I could do that ^^.
I have been putting the texture on to the elevated and the size of the texture are 516x516. If that the size of the texture are to big than it might be a big problem than I will have to fix it up so it don't cause so much slow downs in the game when its used.

If I know how to do the track spline, it would guess me less trouble. But i'm looking around and trying to see who can help me with that but there is no takers yet.

For the Polygons, How many is to much in the polygon count?.. Like those two down at the bottom.

First one: is 3 El Tracks.

Second one: is 1 El Track.

please tell me your going to release this track and any more of your work :udrool: :udrool:

please tell me your going to release this track and any more of your work :udrool: :udrool:

I will but first I need to learn how to do Track Spline. I don't know how to get it on the Trainz to get it shown and working. So I'm just having a hard time trying to get it on there. Once I know how to get the tracks up I will release the Track on DSL.

To jeffmorris

If I do it as boxes and planes for future track projects and plus through out this the objects there up top, it will make a big different in the poly count and not making the game lag to badly??

I assume that you know about my NYCTA subway content. My track splines use boxes and planes.

Here's the config.txt file for one of my track splines.

Code:
kuid <KUID2:44558:38111:4>
kind track
istrack 1
isroad 0
length 4
width 4
bendy 1
type rails
region subway tracks
category-region-0 US
category-era-0 1900
category-class TR
trainz-build 2.2
username subtrack06

In top view in GMAX or 3D Studio MAX, make sure that the track section starts at 0,0,0 and ends at 0,-4,0

I assume that you know about my NYCTA subway content. My track splines use boxes and planes.

Here's the config.txt file for one of my track splines.

Code:
kuid <KUID2:44558:38111:4>
kind track
istrack 1
isroad 0
length 4
width 4
bendy 1
type rails
region subway tracks
category-region-0 US
category-era-0 1900
category-class TR
trainz-build 2.2
username subtrack06
In top view in GMAX or 3D Studio MAX, make sure that the track section starts at 0,0,0 and ends at 0,-4,0

Yes, I have seen many of your subway tacks you have done. I use 3Dsmax for the ones I have been making. I will put the coordinates for all over htem at 0,0,0 and the 0,-4,0. Is it possible to use your coding or I have to make it?

Back