NYC subway Route

Use my config.txt file as template for your config.txt files.

I have used your template but nothing is coming up. I don't know what else to add to it to make the track I made appear. So im guess there is more that suppose to be added to the Config.txt ?

kuid <kuid:410289:1001>
kind "track"
istrack 1
isroad 0
length 4
width 4
bendy 1
type "rails"
region "El tracks"
category-region-0 "US"
category-era-0 1900
category-class "TR"
trainz-build 2.2
username "El Tracks"
asset-filename "El_Tracks.im"

and this is what I have put up for the files I have for the object.

Can I suggest you change the filename to "tracks.im" (both the file and the config have to be exactly the same including capital letters)

Regards,
Phil

Can I suggest you change the filename to "tracks.im" (both the file and the config have to be exactly the same including capital letters)

Regards,
Phil

I have done what you said to Change the File name from El_Tracks.im to tracks.im and plus I did a try on this one if this worked el_tracks.im but nothing happen its still the same like the picture I shown up top.

and other question, I have in one of the files here: 3rd_cover-3rd_cover.texture.txt and this is what it shows in side it:

Primary=3rd_cover.bmp
Alpha=3rd_cover.bmp
Tile=st

Im not for sure if that is right or not, I have been looking around on the files how others make them I only see: Primary=3rd_cover.bmp Tile=st

Your 3rd_cover-3rd_cover.texture.txt file looks fine.

One small thing, your im file has a 12m long object and your config thinks it is only 4 meters ("length 4")

This wont stop it from showing but it will cause problems when the spline shows (it will repeat the mest every 4 meters so it will overlap the previous segment by 8m !:eek:!

Still not sure why it is not showing :confused:

If you want to you can send the file to me and i'll have a fiddle with the config for you. ( helpdesk (at) unitedrail.co.uk )
)
Regards,
Phil

Last edited:
Your 3rd_cover-3rd_cover.texture.txt file looks fine.

One small thing, your im file has a 12m long object and your config thinks it is only 4 meters ("length 4")

This wont stop it from showing but it will cause problems when the spline shows (it will repeat the mest every 4 meters so it will overlap the previous segment by 8m !:eek:!

Still not sure why it is not showing :confused:

If you want to you can send the file to me and i'll have a fiddle with the config for you. ( helpdesk (at) unitedrail.co.uk )
)
Regards,
Phil

I'm going to have other shot at it and if it does not work than I will think on sending it. I'm not to sure whats causing it not to show.

Is it possible a step by step on getting the Track Spline to work? I have been going on CMP to see if I can create Config.txt and see if it works that way, But if not than a step by step or I can have it sent to see whats wrong.

So, does anyone know what this my mean??? I trying to figure out if the mash I mod might be something wrong with it and that might be its not showing up. So its a though though.

Maybe :confused:

Try re-exporting the mesh

Regards,
Phil

1) Everything in the I save as .IM file. it showed all is fine on the 3dsmax.

Exporting...
Progress: Reading data from the scene
Progress: Transforming and cropping
Progress: Merging meshes
Progress: Building chunks
Progress: Optimizing chunks
Progress: Extracting mesh influence
Export completed with 0 Errors and 0 Warnings.

2) Than the next step is putting the files in trainz:

I copy and paste the files in the new asset, than want back to doing the CMP to put in the table mesh and the auto-creation:

then this come up as a warming: Error:
MeshData::Init() Unable to load indexed mesh 'platform.im'

Hmmm.. I've never seen that before. It's hard to diagnose over the internet when you've never seen that error before.

If you can't get it fixed remember my offer of having a fiddle with the files for you (to fix it this time i'll probably need the gmax file too)

Regards,
Phil

New Platform for Express trains and Local Trains. So what you think will this work good for trainz coming in to the station and leaving?

I know other platform have the 90 degrees angles on eather sides or a box type platform. So this is a new step on train getting in and out, quick. Well its still in WIP plus getting trying to get the mesh of the platform in to trainz.

Just one ? what Program are you using to make this platform and is there a link as to were i can find it?

You can't find this platform any were on DSL or other website for trainz, there is no link to it, well not yet. I have made this platform and it still in the works of trying to get it shown in Trainz. Made this in 3dsmax.

IN-GAME SHOTS

Got it in-game. ExpressLine3Train- You'll need to increase the size and re-export as it's tiny in-game

I've used my own textures as you didn't send me nay to use:
screen002.jpg

Regards,
Phil

Got it in-game. ExpressLine3Train- You'll need to increase the size and re-export as it's tiny in-game

I've used my own textures as you didn't send me nay to use:

Regards,
Phil

That is awesome, but how big is big to have it shown in the game and how do I deal with the config.txt? and sorry I didn't send the TGA files to you.

and is this " MeshData::Init() Unable to load indexed mesh 'platform.im' " why the mesh was to small and this came up?

Last edited:
Back