Northern Arizona Route

Good night,

Gordon, thanks for sharing.

I love your work ! The way you go about route building is quite fascinating.

Amazing work and so realistic. Outstanding !!!

Love this thread.;)

Kind Regards Frédo93.

The orange Arizona setting makes those Mexican murals look even more lurid! But I'm happy you found a place for it.

Your choice of bushes in that Winslow shot looks very natural and planting some in the sidewalks is a very nice touch.
I agree that it fits in well with the colors of my route. By the way those paver stone sidewalks are from Spain Trainz Rutas. I used a type of shrub that re sizes every time you move it. It took quite a few tries to center the shrubs in the planter squares at the right size. It basically involved a lot of swearing before I got it right.

@kamran, thanks, ‘not sure what to say but maybe next time you could stop in to the El Rodeo Mexican restaurant and have a cool beverage. Virtual that is, and the chips and salsa are free.

@FREDO93, thank you, I appreciate your comments. I’ve enjoyed looking at the detailed and realistic screenshots that you’ve posted. They really have a painterly like quality to them.

@Bob Cass, thanks for the compliment.

Gordon

Thanks Euphod, I appreciate that. A couple of things that come to mind some better Route 66 signage for Holbrook, Winslow and Flagstaff. I’ll show a shot of a sign for Winslow. There are a number of pics of Arizona Historic Route 66 road signs on the net. Also some kind of Route 66 souvenir shop that is so common in towns on route 66. I know when I get to Flagstaff. I’ll have a bunch of things I’ll need.
Gordon

Thanks, but I already found that one.:) You don't mind if I just release whatever strikes my fancy, do you? I know you'll be working on this for some time anyway!

55e364b6a2bb9bd345201b4b158c17a7.jpg
14af431198afbc26e7cdacebffb32de8.jpg

Last edited:
That’s great! , The Navajo and Hopi crafts thing was something I’ve always wanted. I know that ones around Winslow and you nailed it! Thanks very much.
Gordon

That’s great! , The Navajo and Hopi crafts thing was something I’ve always wanted. I know that ones around Winslow and you nailed it! Thanks very much.
Gordon

You're welcome, and I made these too:
0b1e1ac17b446e494f8ff4f89992e81b.jpg
a39368134e65b73a1426f5db4892387f.jpg
28f4c7b3d794ea69ba61af514ee8bcce.jpg

And I sent you an E Mail through the forum. Important!

thats a beautiful creation euphod.

Thank you kamran, I would call it "garish" myself!

Last edited:
Thanks again, they all look great. I really like all the signs! As far as garish, it’s all part of the look. Arizona and the southwest are overflowing with these tourist traps. Having these will really enhance the look of these towns on this route.
Euphod, did you mean a PM? I did not receive anything. The forum is very slow for me today.
Gordon

You're welcome again. My question was would you prefer I hold this content from the DLS, and send you CDPs instead? I could wait to upload specific pieces to the DLS until the route is done. Your call.
And, no I sent you an E Mail. I'll have to try again, as I don't accept Mail or PMs.

Even though your creations are specific to locations on the AZ route I’m doing, I think in the spirit of the Trainz community I’d like others to be able to use them, if that’s ok with you. When they are up I have locations complete and ready to go now around Winslow. I’ll post screenshots after I get them. In the meantime I’m back to placing boards and tracks towards Flagstaff. I have a lot of work ahead of me.
Gordon

That's generous of you Gordon, I also uploaded these for now. I'll get to more tourist trap buildings when I can, to go with the signs.

90f23cefa1d1c5fe663697eaa1ba25b7.jpg
bc76d3975f5c621327a4815169c53765.jpg

and I changed the Jack Rabbit sign due to a lack of a working alpha:

3b0f749f0f8746f1d81d6be19228fba7.jpg

Feel free to post shots of anything specific you want, and I'll try my best to produce a reasonable facsimile.

Edit: I uploaded these On Sunday, I'm trying to make a variety of small, medium and large signs, and lighted billboards to allow you to build the "clutter" without using the same signs over and over. I also recommend you use CM to search the DLS for arrial's small collection of Dinosaurs, These will be used in conjunction with some of the tourist traps I have in mind. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about! Just use CM and type in Location DLS and then name "saur". Anyway:

db85a9c52d1545f01c182a607369a84b.jpg
c98c6110d4912a978ae8dea71f61f4a9.jpg
ff4520622959bb3ce7133936a2223413.jpg
929d83e4b9d82b59c0060e8702e4fdde.jpg

Last edited:
I look forwards to downloading them. They’re really looking great. Does it usually take a few days to show up on the DSL?
Anyway I’m finally back to moving along with track work. I’ll be to Canyon Diablo by tonight. I’ll have months of scenery work to do just on the boards,
elevations and track I did this weekend.
Gordon

I look forwards to downloading them. They’re really looking great. Does it usually take a few days to show up on the DSL?

Thanks; I know your goal here isn't to replicate Rt. 66 or route 40. I looked in Google maps and saw that the railroad veers away from the roads quite regularly. I did make the drive from San Diego to Chicago once, but the memories are faint. Just enough to ground the railroad in the area. I am also looking at some of the motels and hotels along the way.

Yes, the DLS takes awhile, yes it certainly does. The only reason I'm posting the thumbnails here is to bring them to your attention. I don't know if you follow me reskin thread regularly. If you would like me to not post them here, just let me know.

Last edited:
I uploaded this tonight, (larger pic on my thread) will also do all the signs on the property, and the ones around the ostrich pens, and the slightly higher wall for the right side. It's up to you to find the other pieces of garbage to make it look right!:hehe:

50502700e2d1d1dd976f0c6eb48a9556.jpg

Great job on those Ed! Those will fit nicely with Gordon's route. Nothing like some real life local flair to really make a route pop.

Back