Northern Arizona Route

Utterly awesome scene creation! The selection of content, the placement, the subtlety - every component of that scene works together to make the whole. To folks who don't spend half their life in Surveyor let me tell you how hard it is to pull something like that off. It's not just 'good' - it's perfect...

Andy :)

Ed, I keep downloading them as they come up. I’ve added more signs to Stewart’s. I’m back doing some major Interstate, road and bridge work so the signs and billboards are a great feature.

Thanks kamran.

Thanks Andy! I’m not sure what to say to a compliment like that. For me one of the rewards after countless hours of working on an area is discovering good screenshot locations. For the screenshots I try to pay attention to all the details from the foreground all the way to where I want the clouds to be in the shot.
Gordon

This is Stewart's Petrified Wood near Holbrook. 'Building and signs by Euphod.

Gordon, may I say that that is a beyond perfect recreation of the actual scene, and Euphod great recreations as well! May I ask for a Yamaha theres none on the DLS, the sign is visible in this picture, could you make a fiftys style garage? this will help very much on one of my own layouts!
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1505341
MTW

Beautiful work Gordon, I love your texturing of the foreground, and know that it's consistently that good throughout!

Even if the rail lines on this layout and those of Zorronov, Mezzoprezzo, Kimo, Socal, WCL, Joosten etc. were not complete or fully functional, I'd still like to download the layouts just to appreciate the scenery.

The two BNSF maintenance workers weren’t exactly sure what they did to awaken the ancient Anasazi Indian shaman. It was probably wise not to include this incident in their report.

Last edited:
The two BNSF maintenance workers weren’t exactly sure what they did to awaken the ancient Anasazi Indian shaman. It was probably wise not to include this incident in their report.

:DToo funny! I also like the way you've incorporated the ruins into the hillside, well done!

Good Night,

Gordon, fabulous route, very very impressive ! Thanks for sharing.

Lovely photoreal textures !

Very nice work with lots of lovely detail. Hope to see more...Hat off to you Mister Gordon ! ;)

Kind Regards Frédo93.

That is an awesome scene there Gordon. Love everything about it! What is the name or kuid of those stone ruins?

Thanks Ed, those ruins you made blend in very well with the terrain I’m doing. The color and texture is just right. I guess I’d better get the hi-rail truck off the tracks or my next shot will be of a truck and train in ruins.

@Bob Cass, thanks, Some Sinagua or Anasazi ruins was actually something I wanted to do on this route a while back.

@FREDO93, Thanks for the compliments.

@drickettes, Thanks, I see Ed has already given you the link for his ruins. I’m sure they’ll have a lot different uses.
Gordon

I have to say to this thread: AMAZING! I just got back from a trip to the Grand Canyon and this route looks just like the terrain thru out Arizona. The Petrified Wod shop looks almost excatly the same you made. Did you know that the little pink cafe (Joe & Aggie's) that has been in Trainz ever since 2004 is in Holbrook? I was suprised to see it there!

Back