New MetroLink Bilevel train cars

BRIANA

I'm Sure all of you have heard about the New MetroLink Bilevels. I honestly Like em.
metrolink_new_car_front-lead.jpg

20100503__metrolink_400.jpg

20100302__do03-train1600.jpg

Media-Clips-Metrolink-Cars-Blogspot.jpg

To Me it looks like they Fused a Surfliner car with a F59PHi

Whatever they are, they look awkward. What next, cab cars with the nose of an F40PH?
(And don't say anything about the Cabbages, they don't count and you know it):p

I do like these Bilevels though. weird thing is they brought them through the yard my Dad works in I think it was North Bergen or Oak Island I forgot

They're pretty cool looking.

The MBTA is still running F40PHs with Horizon cars! We're due to get some new equipment someday soon (tm).

John

Obviously not made in America(see third picture)

Nonetheless, interesting bilevels Ill give them that. I wonder if that cab will change how the car hits a road vehicle on a crossing. Just a thought.

Nonetheless, interesting bilevels Ill give them that. I wonder if that cab will change how the car hits a road vehicle on a crossing. Just a thought.

Thats only reason why they bought them. They are crash efficient they will divert the impact away from the passengers.

Thats only reason why they bought them. They are crash efficient they will divert the impact away from the passengers.

Well thats good. But becouse it is just as light as a normal car, wouldnt it still jump? Like we have seen the Metrolink cars do before?

well the Train cars are made By Hyundai

Well that would make me feel really safe riding on those things now.:hehe: I don't feel safe in a Hyundai with 4 rubber wheels that drive on pavement, let alone one of these things.
You Just made me remember what I was Thinking. It was a What if Thought, Like what If Cadillac, Ford, Chrysler, and Chevrolet Made Trains

You Just made me remember what I was Thinking. It was a What if Thought, Like what If Cadillac, Ford, Chrysler, and Chevrolet Made Trains

Cadillac and Chevrolet are both owned by General Motors, so they'd probably look something like this:

Q410.jpg

Details

I have been asked to make the car. Does any one know what the Measurements are I know that it is 15', 11" high and 85' long but not how wide it would help.

:hehe: I have got the measure ments the car is just about done any way I havent posted in like days.

Back