Metra Passenger Content - Nippon Sharyo 6000/8500 & EMD F40PHM-2 Project

1420sequoia

Trainz Veteran
Passenger content in Trainz has always been somewhat overlooked and this is no different for my favorite commuter railroad, Metra. So I decided to learn blender and make them myself (although I do CAD for a living so there is some skill transfer).

Currently I'm modeling the F40PHM-2 and the 6000/8500 series bilevels. The 7000/8400 series as well as the F40PHM-3 shouldn't be too much of a jump in difficulty as there are minor differences between them and the other models. I also plan on modeling the MP36PH-3S, F59PHI, F59PH, and possibly the F40PH.

These will be payware once they do release, and they are only going to be intended for the latest version of Trainz at time of release. This is purely due to poly count (of course heavy optimization will be used with LODs), PBR texturing, and other scripting I have planned. I'm kinda a stickler so my goal is to replicate these as precisely as possible which entails every detail that I can pick up with my eye.

Here's the current progress on the Bilevels, started it about a month ago and have been on and off over the weekends:
gpdRXHb.jpeg
5v0CATI.jpeg
Bxa0BUm.jpeg
FAilIqc.jpeg
tuls9Ny.jpeg
ScXedfM.jpeg
rHyLYuB.jpeg
fG92zxh.jpeg
9Z74UbB.jpeg
oHFYMDu.jpeg
0h8jKuh.jpeg
0aAIais.jpeg