Montana Rail Link MP V2 OP-Session's (This aint your daddy's circle burning)

Downloaded... Time to go in to explore :D

EDIT:
So much for that :( I got the following error...
The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer.
The session, the route, or some dependensies are not built-in and are not
available on the Download Station

Abort Session Load

Last edited:
Downloaded... Time to go in to explore :D

EDIT:
So much for that :( I got the following error...

G'day Shadow-D, when you install anything you have downloaded (even if it is from the DLS black pages) it is marked as modified and therefore cannot be used by multiplayer. You will have to delete it and load it through CM. CM is the ONLY way to download assets for multiplayer.
Regards
Barrie

Might also take a few more hours before we can play it in MP. But its good to see its up. I just hope that the error message is not due to content errors. Id hate to have to put up a patch so soon.

Ok... After deleting and re-downloading both the route and session last night, I tried to load the route in the normal manor with the same error message. I then went in to Content Manager and opened the session via view in driver and it worked. I don't know if it actually started a live multiplayer session or not as no one joined but I at least was able to explore and play a little.

I stayed in Trident and did a little switching and found a problem that might need to be addressed in the first update...

At the start of the session, all cars are empty. Once they are coupled to the switcher, they load taking everything that industry has. This is ok for the pipe on flats as that loads the flat cars completely but the other industries on the other hand are not as good. The grain towers empty into all 3 hoppers but do not have enough to fully load them. At this point they need to sit and wait for the grain industry to fill back up again. Only problem with this is that industry takes 500 minutes (or 8 hours) to fill. The engine plant has the same issues. I didn't get down to the plastics plant to see what the load times are there. If you could check the times at the industries and maybe adjust them to take say 1 hour as needed that would be great.

I also might have an update to the V&H SW1500's as I'm noticing the horns are wrong. I'm looking for the correct SP horns in the game but haven't found an exact match yet.

Hay shodow, ill take a look at them when I get home. But for now if you get the chance go into cmp and make sure that there is nothing that is missing a dependency or fulty. Every thing is good on my end but due to a bug with TRS I can install a fresh clean copy of TRS to make sure my self.

If I finsh download tonight I will join the session if up and check it out see if everything going aok. If I don't get to it tonight I will for sure be ready Tomorrow to see it when I get home.

Look's like there where a few cars that I put in that have missing trucks that can be found at RR mods.com. So Ill get to work on making a patch for the session to remove them, and to see if I cant fix those industry's.

I removed the bad cars, and edited a few of the industrys. An update for the route and the session have been uploaded. But it might be a while before they can be downloaded. I hope I patched it right, but I am not sure.

Correct me if Im wrong, but to make a update all I needed to do was make the changes, then add :2 to the kuid? So it would be <KUID:344263:100004:2>. Right?

then add :2 to the kuid? So it would be <KUID:344263:100004:2>. Right?
Almost. I think it should be "kuid2:xxxxxxxxxx".
If it is the first, you can also just make it end with :1.
For a next new version, just click the item in CM and select "new version" from the menu; that fixes it for you. Then start editing after that.

Precisely. You cannot edit the KUID of an installed asset without getting an error while committing the asset. You will need to let Content Manager create the new version for you.

Ok, did it the way you said Oknotsen. Then I upload it the same way i would a normal piece of content?

Thanks guys!

Ok, so the updates are on their way. I have uploaded them and N3V's site says they will be available soon. If every thing is in order, and they are up by 1pm eastern time, (-5 GMT) then I will host a session starting then on MRLv2. IF NOT, and there are still issues, then I will host on MRL v1.5 at that time.

hey the CMP says that there is an update available fot the route and session could that be the fix? But even if it is i still have 199MB to download and i've reched my "quota for the day"!!!!!!!! UG

If that's the size for the session or route itself, you will need a First Class Ticket to download it unless you use the in-game Content Updates feature (if it's working).

Shane

On my end, I don't have any missing or broken dependencies.

I just checked the DLS through the Content Manager (Friday 05-04-2010 08:25AM) and there was no updates available :( I would say start a V2.1 session for tonight and we will use it to try to join and download all assets from the server. If it works we will be up to date and running freight... Ok and maybe a couple of passengers lol

Last edited:
Ill try, I have found a caboose that has become faulty on my end. I am trying to fix it, but if I cant then it will be a 1.5 session and yet another update would have to be sent out.
Every thing was fine on my end until I uploaded every thing. Then all the bugs come out.

But I do have a planed update that I will be putting out latter this weekend adding a few new tools I have found that will help improve on operations. But first, fix these bugs.

Ill be on TS all day too.

EDIT! I fixed every thing on my end, so MRL v.2 Session is a possible go if that update shows up.

Last edited:
Putting up tonight's session on MRL 1.5 for tonight. MRL 2.0 still isn't on the DLS yet.

IF MRL 2.0 comes up before 6pm Eastern time then MAYBE I'll swtich to that route if enough people who are in our current session have it downloaded. The update can be downloaded in game.

Back