Trains won’t load or unload with Living Railroad

Maymone

I configure products both in industries and train wagons, assign the trains to the Automatic Scheduler, they travel correctly to the industries, they stop and… nothing happens. They just sit there. I check the commodity levels at the industries, the production rates, everything is fine. I have no competing trains, I even created a session with just one train. But nothing will load or unload.
Anyone trying Living Railroad and facing the same issue? Any hint at a solution?

Have you checked the commodity settings of the individual wagons being loaded/unloaded? They may not match those of the industries.

In Driver while using the TLR (or at anytime) there is a Commodity Picker window that lets you set or change the commodities carried by any commodity enabled wagon "on the fly". See the Trainz Wiki page The_Commodity_Picker_Window for the details.

I configured the wagons and industries with the exact same commodities. As I mentioned, to test a simple environment, I created a session with one train only, its wagons with one commodity only, one industry producing that commodity and one industry consuming that same commodity. The train traveled to the producing industry, stopped, its log says it has started the load operation, but nothing happens. it's completely idle.

The starting point for testing TLR is to run the session 03 Dispatching the Action in Kickstarter Country 2 (TRS22) to see how it operates. In that session most of the consists are in motion, they load/unload at an industry and then move on to the next and repeat.

None of the consists in that session are in motion. They're not even assigned to the TLR Automatic Scheduler. They are player controlled and have no orders when you start the session. Are you sure that's the route and session?

To start with, thank you for your patience and willingness to respond.
So, I did everything as you said, steps 1 and 2, and nothing happened there either. The consists didn't move. The Automatic Scheduler didn't issue any orders. They sat idle.

The Automatic Scheduler didn't issue any orders. They sat idle.
Have you applied step 2 to all of the consists in that session? Not all of them will respond by issuing orders, they will sit idle for reasons unknown (e.g. no commodities set, commodities incompatible with the TLR, passengers, etc)

I had missed one (other than the lone locos that I didn't touch), and that train did move, load and unload. But it's configured as I did with mine: An industry producing the commodity, an industry consuming it and some wagons that carry that commodity. Only my consists won't load. The strange thing is that they do travel to the correct industry. And that's that. They stop there and won't do anything else.

I had missed one (other than the lone locos that I didn't touch), and that train did move, load and unload. But it's configured as I did with mine: An industry producing the commodity, an industry consuming it and some wagons that carry that commodity. Only my consists won't load. The strange thing is that they do travel to the correct industry. And that's that. They stop there and won't do anything else.
Have you looked at the messages located above the driver? Turn on message history by clicking on the small gear and this will allow you to scroll through. If there's an issue with your driver's inability to reach the industry, such as a disconnected track or track direction marker facing the wrong way for example, the message will be shown there.

Hi,
Have you attempted to carry out the drive/load operation manually?
Some of the industries don't seem to like TS22+ for interaction with the TLR or indeed "normal" operations

Colin

Playing with TLR, I was reminded of one caveat in the original notice:- sometimes a train running with wagons in front won’t load/unload.
in an old (TRS 2006) route without any TLR obviously, one industry would only load from one direction - though some were multidirectional. Looks like the Industry’s scripting

Checking the message logs and trying manual operations could help troubleshoot what's preventing your trains from loading. @JCitron's suggestion to review messages is a good one. And like @ColPrice2002 said, sometimes swapping the order of wagons and engines helps too. Might be worth a shot before digging deeper.

I made a small route with a coal mine, power station, oil field and a refinery track. TLR is active and controlling 4 trains. one for oil, one for diesel fuel and to for coal. They operate fairly well, sometimes taking the run through the wrong station, but loading and unloading at the correct destinations.

Yes, the coal mine (basic), power station (basic) and refinery are expected to work (hard coded recently). The Oil field has only one interactive track...

Any other asset with multiple tracks will still be a probelm...

Cheers,
Colin

Thanks, I’ll check it out in one of the layouts.

Colin

later...
That's the one I'm using. In TS12 (and earlier) it worked in both directions....

Last edited:
Back