Kuji Rail sim release date Friday 5th October 2007

New Video Teaser From Kuju Today.

Hi

New video from Kuju, RS Developments are proud to present the second movie in the series which demonstrates a selection of the world editing tools in Rail Simulator. This movie shows how the user can seamlessly enter the editor mode from within the simulation, lay a short section of track and surrounding scenery before clicking back into the simulation to move off. (55MB)

http://www.railsimulator.com/home

Regards

Ahsan:D

And you know how MS copies other companies? Well, Auran is a victim, 'cause MSTS2 has (is said to have) spline-layed track.

Sold but ...

I agree with the above posters. Besides no "road" traffic, we seem to be missing people on the station platform (I did see them in the train).

Anyway, quite a contrast from their original effort when they said, to the effect, "we don't support this editor."

Has anyone see that "gras in the wind"?

That is cool. The gras to left and to right - full with animation.

21 days here than :udrool::mop:

road trafic and people on the station platform - I think the user can turn it OFF.

Last edited:
I agree with the above posters. Besides no "road" traffic, we seem to be missing people on the station platform (I did see them in the train).

Anyway, quite a contrast from their original effort when they said, to the effect, "we don't support this editor."

also railroad crossings

I agree, but I do not see any roads in KRS and road traffic and I'm also wonderin how much built-in-content is supplied with KRS.:eek:
I think there is a section where road is laid between the two 'mock-Tudor' houses. I did notice that a 'portal' is listed as well when the platform marker is being created.

Their "World Editor" video does look pretty good. If it does look more like "Trainz",that is good,as Auran has done a lot of things right,especially ease of world editing. If this new sim easily supports dem importation,that will be a BIG selling point for prototype route creators,no matter what part of the world they are modeling. Joe S.

Their "World Editor" video does look pretty good. If it does look more like "Trainz",that is good,as Auran has done a lot of things right,especially ease of world editing. If this new sim easily supports dem importation,that will be a BIG selling point for prototype route creators,no matter what part of the world they are modeling. Joe S.

If I can use satellite hgt/ srtm2 files will do me just fine for creating the pre-car and/or pre train era of the UK coastline.
Will consider what to drive on it after made.

Links for satellite data srtm2/hgt files, and scenery tutorial on my site.
I use 3dem to convert the files and the rest is done with a five year old dem editor from my sailing simulator.
Took just about half an hour to an hour including writing it up to make North Cyprus plus set some depths as a tutorial.

See satellite scenery tutorial on link below but not trainz or relating to kuju sim.
also link to nasa site for files on page.
It is version 2 and srtm3 I use.

Barry

http://www.barrywright.clara.net/scenerytut01.html

P.S. Although I have made about 150 items with gmax on DS including, boats, sailing ships, canal narrow boats, etc and similar items with Blender, I am now seriously considering changing to 3D Canvas as well supported with tutorials etc, and the full version apparently exports to a variety of file types, obj for Kuju sim? vrml2 for my sailing simulator content and can also import my current files from Blender exported as direct.x or whatever.
Got as far as downloading the 3D Canvas demo and most of the tutorials so will see how it works out with Vista as a first step.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone

below interesting quote from Adam in Kuju see here or read below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone,

Lets nip this one straight away.

This rumour is false, as many of you have guessed. As stated on our website, Rail Simulator comes with a complete set of editing tools as demonstrated in the recently released World Editor Video.
www.railsimulator.com wrote:Complete World Editing tool suite
Included in the box is a full suite of editing tools to start making your own fully interactive worlds. The ability to lay immensely complex track, place all manner of detailed scenery objects with great accuracy and manipulate to a high degree as well as texture the landscape until your hearts content.​
What this rumour is actually referring to is the Professional Developer tools which will be available as a free download for those wishing to dive deep into content editing. Train Simulation is a fun hobby, but it can also be extremely detailed and technical for those wishing to get involved at this level. Rail Simulator is designed to cater for all enthusiasts to the hobby, but in a friendly and usable way. To this end, the REALLY technical stuff is not included in the box, because the amount of manuals that become available with it would require a much larger box than the DVD case it comes in.
icon_wink.gif

Here is what you'll get:
Additional Developer Functionality
As a registered developer of content, you will be able gain access to in-depth documentation about all aspects of Rail Simulator, created by the team behind its production; learn tips and tricks from other advanced users in the Developers forum; and add additional functionally to Rail Simulator both inside and out.
Downloadable Professional Tools
After a simple registration process, you will gain access to all the tools you need to add brand new content into Rail Simulator. The Asset Editor provides the facility for incredibly accurate implementation of any object or train you can imagine; And the Packager allows you to share all your new content with any other Rail Simulator users you wish.
Major Enhancements to the Scenario Editor
Along side the downloadable Professional Tools is additional functionality for the Scenario Editor. Once added, these new tools allow users to create immersive and adventurous activities as well as recreate complex real world operations.

We at Rail Simulator Developments like suprises and thus we dont see the need to let all cats out of the bag with only a few weeks to go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards

Ahsan:D :)

Last edited:
Well with 12 days to go whos looking forward to it:p

12 days until 5th October, I always had an idea that europe was a little behind the times. I'd still need a new machine though since mine is below minimum specs even though it runs Trainz just fine. I think I can wait a few more days, weeks etc.

Bye

Cheerio John

12 days until 5th October, I always had an idea that europe was a little behind the times. I'd still need a new machine though since mine is below minimum specs even though it runs Trainz just fine. I think I can wait a few more days, weeks etc.

Bye

Cheerio John
I wonder who is behind the times on this. KRS release date in UK is 12th October, Germany 18th October.

You are not the only person who has been trying to figure that one out, I'm in Germany and the release date was formerly the 11th, but now it seems that Germany and Switzerland will be getting KRS last. And the Railsimulator Team have yet to give any reason for this.

WileeCoyote:D

Back