Japan

SHINKANSEN E5(JR EAST) H5(JR HOKKAIDO) 2/10
index

index

index

The route was too big for the regular map so I broke it down into 6 parts. As you can see, the Sanito line is the second line form the right and it's connected to the vast network of other lines that spread out like a crossword puzzle. The Sanito line itself is over 53 miles long and is the newest line made.I've worked on this route for 2 years and it started with an imaginary short line called Squiggle Creek. I later extended the route and added modular routes made by others mainly the Japan neighorhood one board and the "LA zone. Now I can run all sorts of operations now that I have an eastern seaport on the Sanito line
Nice work with the E5 Hirochi. The interior seats look cool!! any chance of adding one of those ladies that pass out snacks and have them going up and down the isle?
6c4bd240a94f7dfc20adbd43c6a78f91.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
@ Railshuttle. Wow long route. Thanks for posting the map. Now we have an idea. :)
@ Hirochi. Fantastic work on the E5. I like the GranClass. Do you also plan to make some passenger views in this train? Anyway very nice.

Import to T12

The route was too big for the regular map so I broke it down into 6 parts. As you can see, the Sanito line is the second line form the right and it's connected to the vast network of other lines that spread out like a crossword puzzle. The Sanito line itself is over 53 miles long and is the newest line made.I've worked on this route for 2 years and it started with an imaginary short line called Squiggle Creek. I later extended the route and added modular routes made by others mainly the Japan neighorhood one board and the "LA zone. Now I can run all sorts of operations now that I have an eastern seaport on the Sanito line
Snip

Rail Shuttle, you should consider importing your route to Trainz 12. It's not that hard to do either. Go to the content manager (this seems to only work with content under ones' own user ID) and right click to bring out the context drop down screen. Then there should be something named under or something sounding similar called import asset to cdp. Its pretty strait forward from there. I recommend working on T12 because you get the really useful satellite view in Surveyor and Driver. On top of the fantastic 5000m drawback distance.

I was considering it Marinemania I just know it's gonna be a big pain in the ass to have to make sure everything is in tact because some of the stuff may be too old for trains 12 and then there is the decision should I remake the main line narrow gauged for the tons of Japanese trains I have for 12. I have only a few that can run on the standard gauge besides the bullet trains. the freight aspect of my route will not be changed. I'll just have to hunt around for some CN BNSF and NS and or CXS or Conrail stuff that will work for 12. The following pictures are the continuation of the map form my last post where the Sanito line ends. The first picture is the city of South Union were you can see the Bullet train station connected to the commuter and long distance station. To the left is the city yard and the beginning point of my BNSF freight line that goes 120 miles to the south west to fictional Sunset City. It's the longest line of my network and I can't really post it here since it's not japan related. The second two pics feature the main line which was kinda modeled after the Tokaido line near Kyoto where it is a a great area to watch dozens of trains go pass and the bullet trains as well, that is what the "promo shot" shows in my last few pics of how heavy rail traffic can get in that area. and There is Quad City, the northern end of the whole system This pic features the terminal for the bullet trains as well for the el trains and "dummy" commuter trains. I had plan on extending the line further north but I'm sure I've maxed out how big a route can get on 2006 by now. One more project I've started working on before porting the route over to 12 and that is to move a portion of the bullet train line over to another board by itself and get it out of the highly detailed towns were it runs right through and causes serious lag and sometimes even crashes the game. The trip form Sanito city to Quad City by bullet is roughly 1 hour and 45 minutes,but once I'm done "rerouting" the northern part between Quad City and South Union, The time will be greatly reduced and I'll be able to max out the bullet trains speed . Well enjoy the pics guys and good luck with your projects. the attendent is a nice touch Hirochi. will she have a snack cart or will that be for another car?
890b6e3f81adbe6064e7027d0fb4c52a.png
[/URL][/IMG]

SPLENDID !!!! Fantastic work Hirochi. Gonna download it very very soon. :). Many thanks for making this iconic Japanese Shinkansen train set.

Electro Island Railway Report

COLDEN - Two E5 train sets arrived on Electro Island from the mainland yesterday to start testing on the Colden Shinkansen. Several runs where made during the busy hours. It was difficult to fit the test trains in the schedule. The main tests took place at night. This was done to seek out what the max practical speed is. Although normally during the day hours the Colden Shinkansen speed is restricted to 220 km/h during the night test a speed of 324 km/h was reached. It was determined however that the max practical speed is 270 km/h. Our reporter took several pictures.

E5ro1.png

E5ro5.png

E5ro6.png

E5ro8.png

E5ro18.png

oh wow!! you beat me to the punch pagroove I just took the E5 out on a spin on your electro island route after downloading it. Nice Komachi color. Did the E5 replace that bullet train too?
216a35d2f23b6f157c3ecfd74e8c72ad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

oh wow!! you beat me to the punch pagroove I just took the E5 out on a spin on your electro island route after downloading it. Nice Komachi color. Did the E5 replace that bullet train too?

Ha nice ones Railshuttle!. Looks like the Electro Island route on your system is now fairly complete? I see you took the Skyliner out on the TGV route. :). Nice shots.

The E6 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E6_Series_Shinkansen replaces the E3. But as it looks almost the same as an E5 I think Hirochi made this fantasy E5 in komachi colors.

In real life there is no E5 (at least as I know) in that color. If you look on the Wikipedia page of the E6 then you can see that the lights of an E6 are on the side of the cockpit. Also the nose lines are a little bit different.

I tried to model the E6. Unfortunately my program skills aren't the best. The nose is really complicated.
The 800, N700, E5 and E6 Series are my favorites.
Although Hirochi said that his next project will be the E7/W7, i hope that the E6 isn't left out completely.

Nice pics Pagroove and Railshuttle.

Hirochi: well done on the E5, I notice you make modern shinkansen only, do you also plan to make older ones like 200/300/e1/e2 ?

Not sure if Andi is still active would be great to see the komachi E3 since he has listed it as wip.

Thanks guys. Id say the route is complete just some minor missing ground textures in some places. I can easily paint over that. The TGV route is pretty interesting. It takes you around the whole island. I tend to hang around in Toshin alot with the narrow gauged loop line. Right now I'm trying to explore the interior of the island via the branch lines. Looking forward to the updated version though.

Back