Hump Yard Help

I'm trying to build a hump yard for a fiction route. What tutorials can I use? I have this old pamphlet from Trainz Pro Routes which unfortunately is no longer around but it's actually the bowl yard set up that's giving me fits. Can someone please point me in the right direction? I'd greatly appreciate it.

What I've got so far.
qeE3g9Z.jpeg
2kE7XUF.jpeg

If you can share anything relating to the setup of humpyards
Unfortunately no, because I didn't build a hump yard, but only interested how it would be able. So I only know MSGSapper's explanations and additionally I only looked at some hump yard videos on youtube.

Thank you for the source. If you can share anything relating to the setup of humpyards then I’d greatly appreciate that too.
Your best bet for seeing how a humpyard is set up would be to download my old Watseka & Kankakee Railroad route from the DLS which has a functioning humpyard in it. Be advised though that the humpyard does not have my new components in it as it was done some years ago and well before I created the new humpyard components. I did however test the new components on this route on my own computer system before release of the new components..

Bob

Your best bet for seeing how a humpyard is set up would be to download my old Watseka & Kankakee Railroad route from the DLS which has a functioning humpyard in it. Be advised though that the humpyard does not have my new components in it as it was done some years ago and well before I created the new humpyard components. I did however test the new components on this route on my own computer system before release of the new components..

Bob
So what are the interlocking towers for? Are they even necessary for a hump yard? I might need additional assistance up to a step by step instruction but I'm putting this route on the back burner. Just need to get all my ducks lined up in a row for when I'm ready to proceed.

So what are the interlocking towers for? Are they even necessary for a hump yard? I might need additional assistance up to a step by step instruction but I'm putting this route on the back burner. Just need to get all my ducks lined up in a row for when I'm ready to proceed.
I don't use Interlocking towers in my hump yard. The single tower yard present at the hump yard is cosmetic static scenery only. In the real world most hump yards have a tower like this or something similar and it controls hump operations.

When it comes to making a hump yard in Trainz don't over think this and make things more complicated then they need to be. The actual hump has to be there to allow detached cars to roll onto classification tracks. The retarders ensure that the cars brake after they get into their proper classification track.

Bob

I don't use Interlocking towers in my hump yard. The single tower yard present at the hump yard is cosmetic static scenery only. In the real world most hump yards have a tower like this or something similar and it controls hump operations.

When it comes to making a hump yard in Trainz don't over think this and make things more complicated then they need to be. The actual hump has to be there to allow detached cars to roll onto classification tracks. The retarders ensure that the cars brake after they get into their proper classification track.

Bob
What's your general advice for car repair, locomotive servicing shops and refueling stations? How shall I place those? One last thing; are flat switching moves made on the same track trains are humped on or do they have their own track? Certain cars are not authorized to be humped. That's it for now.

One last thing; are flat switching moves made on the same track trains are humped on or do they have their own track?
From my experience, there's usually a flat yard as well for these kinds of freight cars that can't be humped.

For engine facilities, take a look at the real thing on Google Maps. You'll get an idea how to set things up.

Back