GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

4mt_tank_by_trainboi-d96dxax.png

nevada_thoroughbred_by_trainboi-d96lh2d.png

I did a thing. Not my loco, it was built by a friend of mine but I didn't like his tender and proceeded to make it my own proto-lance design. If I can get permission, I'll release it when done; for now, it's just something I'm messing with.

I did a thing. Not my loco, it was built by a friend of mine but I didn't like his tender and proceeded to make it my own proto-lance design. If I can get permission, I'll release it when done; for now, it's just something I'm messing with.

Nice, so is just the tender freelance? Or the whole thing, either way it is still nice.:wave:

Wow! If that locomotive had Stephenson valve gear and old style steam chests it would be the steam engine in my town R-R 19. It is by far closer than any other engine in Trainz, the bell, headlight,domes and whistle are all right. I hope this can be released as it would be phenomenal at playing the part of a steam engine that holds a very special place in my heart. I could have a running 19 (as due to several recent moves of the museum executives (against my thoughts) it probably will not steam again (at least not without a lot of currently nonexistent money.)

Saturnr

Last edited:
Heh. It is actually a proto-lance design based on Sierra RR no. 34. I'm not sure whether I'll get around to the original engine at any point, though that is a possibility. The five-axle tender is rebuilt from my Virginia & Truckee moguls, and I borrowed the concept from a Central Pacific 4-4-0 that used a fifth axle for added range and high-speed stability. The European smokebox door looks odd, but it isn't unheard of. Some builders preferred them because they provide a better seal than smokebox dogs. The marker lamp and headlight setup are quite typical of the creator - I am thinking of changing them because it is a hallmark of his work, and ideally I would like this to be a not unusual Baldwin design. Either way, I will definitely report any progress.

I did not even notice the European smokebox door. I would have to try to resin over that to be the 19, which has a number plate (used as the museum's logo) in the center.
40e8171f3f86b3734390e164028d70fa.jpg

Thought you might want to see the Old girl. This is just a photo of her I found quickly in service in the 1950s. I know it isn't exact to the model, running boards, marker lights, etc, but it is very close I think, and tons closer than what would stand in now. I have even talked to the museum about using Trainz, but the lack of a similar looking loco deterred them, maybe know if you ever release the model (with an Americanized smokebox.

Saturnr
Jacob

Last edited:
Heh. It is actually a proto-lance design based on Sierra RR no. 34. I'm not sure whether I'll get around to the original engine at any point, though that is a possibility. The five-axle tender is rebuilt from my Virginia & Truckee moguls, and I borrowed the concept from a Central Pacific 4-4-0 that used a fifth axle for added range and high-speed stability. The European smokebox door looks odd, but it isn't unheard of. Some builders preferred them because they provide a better seal than smokebox dogs. The marker lamp and headlight setup are quite typical of the creator - I am thinking of changing them because it is a hallmark of his work, and ideally I would like this to be a not unusual Baldwin design. Either way, I will definitely report any progress.
You can very easily see the similarity between it and the 34. I hadn't noticed the 5 axle tender at first until you pointed it out. Is it one 2 axle truck and one 3 axle truck? Or is it 5 individual axles?

Another bogie....... this time a NSW SG type.

2CF%20Bogie_zpsgj3oupbt.png

as some of you may have noticed bogies are very high poly, range between 8k to 12k depending on the detail I put into it, however I like to have the first LOD transition very close and drops them between 4k to 5k, with the first batch of bogies I had uploaded I kinda buggered the LOD's and shadows, but with each bogie I've released I've improved on LOD, this bogie however is in the 11k range and the first LOD should be in the 4k range.

EDIT:

all mapped and baked

2CF_zpsbkcpydvh.png

Cheers.

Last edited:
What's a CF39U-1?
It's a fictional locomotive. It was designed by Zamboin Industries (a fictional company) to meet the needs of (fictional) countries that have tighter loading gauges than Dertinia (the fictional company where Zamboin is based).

As you can probably tell I'm into the fictional side of things. :) You can find out more at my blog (see link in sig).

G'day!

I have begun work on the ZB again. :)

I chose to remove the 3D doors and louvres as that just added unnecessary polys and caused a big drag for texturing.

Cheers!

Jake.

Even though it's not a train, I'm sure it'll perk the minds of those who remember the Nick show Danny Pahntom...
danphantomtheevilghost_zpsyz7aujsm.png

I present THE ULTIMATE ENEMY... In 3D. Sorta...

Back