GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Thanks! The last photo appears to be broken, I can't see it.

Since I am planning to make some aprototypical interior variations of the Metroliners, what you've suggested is certainly something within the realm of possibility and I may get around to doing it, but right now I'm focusing on the core Metroliner stock. This is one of my first substantial creations for Trainz, so I'm on a bit of a learning curve.

As for a TS12/TANE compatible version, I do have a copy of TANE but I haven't used it in some time and TRS22/T+ is my default version and I want to maximize the features available in that version. However I am open to making a version compatible with TANE.

On that note, progress has been made. It's amazing how much a difference can be made when you add minor details. There's still more to go though.

7FNdMBG.jpg

zI5Zgi4.jpg

I've also been working on the interiors for the cars, but I've been having issues finding schematics to ensure accuracy—like where to place the lavatories. I've only been able to find Amfleet schematics and there are differences. There's a Budd Metroliner group on Facebook, but there isn't much in the way of schematics on there (I did find some good ones for the couplers though!). There also appears to be only a few photos of the interiors of the Metroliners, the rest are all Amfleet-related. For the proto models I'd rather avoid as much poetic license as possible, so if anyone has good resources for Metroliner schematics or photos—I'd be glad to learn about them.

WIqpRv9.jpg

Above is an open coach, an open coach with mid-cabin bulkhead (not sure if this was a one off?), a cafe with 2+2 seating, and a cafe with 2+1 seating.

Last edited:
Cool. Also here is a repost of the broken pic. I guess railpictures must have some sort of hotlink protection. Basically it shows the two different door types metroliners carry. Presumably the large window doors are spare Amfleet II doors that Amtrak used on the cab cars.
image.png

Also if you need little components to glue on in Trainz then I have a mesh library on the DLS that has some MU/comm and HEP receptacles.

Thanks! The last photo appears to be broken, I can't see it.

Since I am planning to make some aprototypical interior variations of the Metroliners, what you've suggested is certainly something within the realm of possibility and I may get around to doing it, but right now I'm focusing on the core Metroliner stock. This is one of my first substantial creations for Trainz, so I'm on a bit of a learning curve.

As for a TS12/TANE compatible version, I do have a copy of TANE but I haven't used it in some time and TRS22/T+ is my default version and I want to maximize the features available in that version. However I am open to making a version compatible with TANE.
Hate to bother you more, but is a TRS19 version also able to be done? Most of the community still uses it, and I feel like many users would be really happy to see your Metroliner in TRS19 (myself included)!

i might have forgotten to post here but there has been more stuff i have been working on.
work on the BQ23-7 is almost done with it just needing textures and importing.
and also 2 more projects are on the way bound for a release date sometime this summer if everything goes to plan.
one being a DRGW SD40T-2 (all 5 orders) and a TOFC pack (modern) for new trailer load and scenery assets.
image.png
image.png
image.png

Back