GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

@perchpole
;)

greets ice
Sat.jpg

Hey, I would love to have some help here please.

I stick the texture below (#1) onto the model and it comes out like pic #2. Can anyone help me? The texture is 1024x512 and I'm using gmax.

88.jpg

87.jpg

Cheers Daniel

Be aware that GMax will not display your textures in all their glory. The resolution it uses is pretty low. Try exporting the model and taking a look in Trainz and you may find it looks fine.

Cheers
Dave

If you take a look in the preferences you can increase the resolution in gmax and have a general play about with the settings, however the textures will always look better in TRS than they do in gmax.

One from me - been busy making windows and doors :) that front windscreen was a pain to get right :p

94825179.jpg

JB

Thanks to all that helped.

Heres it in-game. (I don't know how to make realistic textures. Mine are cartoony..Thats the next thing to fix)

89.jpg

Cheers, Daniel

railbaron, when you DL Gmax, Turbosquid should send an E-mail specified in the application forms,(your E-mail) Check your E-mail, and see if they sent you a letter, your code should be in there
Cheers,
Sean

The seat moquette isn't mine, thats temporarily nicked from a fotopic site (Sorry to the author), http://www.greaterlondonphotos.fotopic.net/p34646244.html from here. I am intending to use my own soon, I'll show you when.
And the (Sorry, it was a Lynx poster, its changed now) Ubuntu is not mine either, that was found on the net to. (not as authentic as I wanted, but since the previous one was on a slippery slope.)
Oh, the Brick Wall isn't my texture either, everything else is.

Last edited:
I was really incredibly deathly bored, so I made this:

OTTD.jpg

I'm certain at least some of you know what it is...

I'm going to make it into one of those 3D billboards that you sometimes see on building roofs.

Back