Favorite Locomotives!

bud.jpg

Big Ugly Diesels are just the most Beautiful things :cool:

JointedRail creates some of the best...

- 7000 series (Panorama Car) from manufacturer Meitetsu
- The Meitetsu 7000 series was a commuter electric multiple unit type operated by Nagoya Railroad (Meitetsu) in Japan since 1961.
It is unfortunately not in use.

The shape. The horn. Beautiful red paint. Interesting interior. All this makes the Series 7000 great train. I like it very much.

I had to be Japanese. Why am I Czech? I give myself the question.

Meitetsu_7000_Series_EMU_051.JPG

NER Raven Electrics-EF1 and EE1
ef1_works.jpg

ee1_1.jpg

These engines are the most beautiful electric locos ever built, and they are the genesis of today's electrics. The EF.1's were built in 1919 for coal trains on the Shildon-Newport line. They were successful, but the line was de-electrified in 1935 due to financial reasons. Despite this, they ran until the mid-Fifties on various lines, and the last one survived until 1964. The sole EE.1 ,No.13, was less successful, but a bit nicer-looking. It was built for the (proposed) ECML electrification, and was completed in 1922. It ran during 1922 on the afterformentioned Shildon-Newport line, but after grouping the ECML electrification scheme was cancelled, making the loco useless. The LNER held on to it, and it was finally (tragically) scrapped by BR in 1951. However, it was famous enough for St. Lucia to put it on it's stamps:
neree1pic0.jpg

None of these locos are in Trainz yet, but, you never know...

My favorite locomotives would be just about any steam locomotive from the NP and GN. Mainly the NP's 4-8-4 Northern types, such as the one seen here:
rvn30480.jpg

For diesel and electric locomotives, I would definitely say a BN phase 1 SD60M and an MILW Little Joe locomotive :)
milwlittlejoeavery.jpg

bnsd60m9213filtered.jpg

Spirit_of_Progress_c1938.jpg

b65ohead.jpg

tait2.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

SD70M looks ballsy

pictures\17438\IMG_0435.JPG

The locos released for trainz are all of them, but only the 5th is of good quality/isn't old.

Jamie

After thinking for a while, the Dash 8-40CM was my preferred loco over the GF6C. But it's still pretty close. Odd that they're both loco's on BC rail. I haven't made it since people would get mad that I'll be piling on more to my already large pile of projects :hehe: But I'm slowly getting that released anyways.

616ec7a49932543e54a0b2216c20b0c2.jpg

After thinking for a while, the Dash 8-40CM was my preferred loco over the GF6C. But it's still pretty close. Odd that they're both loco's on BC rail. I haven't made it since people would get mad that I'll be piling on more to my already large pile of projects :hehe: But I'm slowly getting that released anyways.

616ec7a49932543e54a0b2216c20b0c2.jpg

yup it gorgeous but not on TS12 :(

My Favorite Locomotive.

My first favorite locomotive is in my user name. I, without a shadow of a doubt dig Pere Marquette Railway 2-8-4 "Berkshire" #1225.
This October 1941 product of the Lima Locomotive Works is a genuinely excellent steam locomotive. Although it had a short revenue service life span with the Pere Marquette (and later Chesapeake and Ohio Railway), the 1225 showed then as she does now, that she is as tame as a pet rabbit.
1225-2007-pg2.jpg
This is my girl, the one, the only Pere Marquette Railway class N-1 (later C&O class N-1) #1225! @nathanmallard You do realize, the electric locomotive in your first picture is similar in appearance to the Pennsylvania Railroad's famed GG1 electric locomotive. :hehe:

Last edited:
It does look similar in profile, but the EE1 is more slab-sided. It is actually the same loco in all of the photos, as only one was built. BTW, that shot of PM #1225 is epic! :D

Back