Download Issue

az109

I am having difficulty applying the latest patch. This is the message that I get:

Checking for available disk space for patching.
Searching for patches...
Downloading patch file...
Unpacking patch file...
Failed to extract the patch archive.
Patching aborted.

My build is 42203 for TS2010. Any help would be appreiciated.

Thanks in advance
Caleb

If that's the case, try re-downloading the patch (if you are using a manual patch). If you are using the autopatcher, you may want to try a manual patch.

Shane

I have the same problem updating from 44088 version. I assume there's no direct path for latest patch, so what are necessary steps to complete updating?

This means you probably have a local language version.
Two options:
- Contact the supplier of your local language version for your patch
- Get the English version

I was just checking, as there is a direct patch from that version - according to the poster they couldn't find a patch for it.

Shane

I have polish version of TS2010. In fact i supposed, that the problem may lie there, but hoped it's still possible.
Well, getting english version is rather not an option, as i earlier bought TS12 and then TS2010 and TS 2009 just for flavor at huge discount.
Interesting thing, that all versions were bought on same store, but TS12 is english version (and there was no choice regarding language), so no problem here.

Sorry for late response. It's definitely 44088, but it's localized version, so as oknotsen wrote, the problem probably lays there.
I get this message every time:

Code:
Checking for available disk space for patching.
Searching for patches...
Downloading patch file...
Unpacking patch file...
Patching from 44088 to 49933...

Existing file is damaged and cannot be patched: E:\N3V Games\Trainz Simulator 2010 - Engineers Edition\Trainz.exe

Failed to apply the patch: 44088_to_49933
Patching aborted.

That particular error usually means a faulty/corrupt file - a reinstall may be needed. Also, check your hard drive for errors.

Shane

One more thing; I have downloaded all sorts of content that shows up black in the game. Will the patch fix that?

It should work now, there was a blip for a few hours affecting Planet Auran/Download Station that resulted in it being offline temporarily. Also, welcome to the forums.

Shane

Back