Trainz 2022 not working

johnk51

Since upgrading my graphics card to a Niveda 3080 rtx 12GB, my trainz doesn't work right. I can load it, and select game. But after loading, the game doesn't work. I can't run the engines nor anything else. My MSFS 2022 runs just fine with the new card. If I can't get it working I guess I'll just remove it and save some space.

If you haven't downloaded the correct NVIDIA graphics software/drivers it could cause a problem! Download and install NVIDIA GeForce Experience, create an account or log in if you already have an account and allow the applicate to automatically search for your NVIDIA graphics card software/drivers! Make sure you perform a clean installation this setting is under 'customise' during the installation process... Restart your computer when prompt...

Could you clarify "Doesn't work?" Does it freeze or crash? Throw an error? It sounds like you are getting as far as driver mode and the engine(s) won't go? Can you post which engines (include KUIDs)? Some have to specifically go through a startup procedure. You are an experienced member so I don't want to be too basic. No yellow X's from a derail? Have you tried any of the tutorials to see if they work?

You didn't by chance set the graphics to DirectX 12?
If you did, then that's still in beta (more like alpha) and will hang the program.

I did have directx 12 on. So I turned it back to dx 11. Now it says that "Please note that one or more developer setting are active, which may negatively impact gameplay." I don't know what that means.

I did have directx 12 on. So I turned it back to dx 11. Now it says that "Please note that one or more developer setting are active, which may negatively impact gameplay." I don't know what that means.
I think I see what could be the issue there!

Go into 'Trainz Settings' from Trainz launcher
1) Click DEV
2) Check and make sure that these settings are disabled 'unchecked'.

Enabled advanced debug tools
Show script exemption notifications
Log script output
Log script messaging handling

These all must be disabled 'unchecked', then click on the 'X' to close the window.
Edit: Also make sure that 'Debug Render' is set to 'NONE'.

That's the thing, they're already unchecked and the debug render is none. I don't know why this is happening. I don't do anything with the dev.

That's the thing, they're already unchecked and the debug render is none. I don't know why this is happening. I don't do anything with the dev.
The issue you are experiencing is related to a setting that you have changed under the 'DEV' tab in the Trainz Settings, as mentioned in the links below.

Check and make sure these settings are correct, in the Trainz Settings | DEV tab.

Time Scaling: 100%
Debug Render: None
Paradigm: Desktop
Compatibility Mode: Maximum Compatibility

-----------------
If none of these help, I'm completely clueless on how to resolve this issue. You may need to contact N3V Games support and provide them with screenshots of your Trainz settings 'giving them as much details as you can' including error messages. https://support.trainzportal.com/

Back