Australian screenshots

Hay Jaxonjared - why not try this

here is my idea for you, make the head boards you want as traincars
bearcat245201204030009.jpg

bearcat245201204030005.jpg

bearcat245201204030004.jpg

It would be a good project to learn some basic gmax skills or you could just reskin mine - give me a yell if you want me to put this on DLS or send you some source files

Last edited:
bearcat245201204030007.jpg

Guess who - still a work in progress - joined the best part of my mesh with the the best parts of Ad602000's mesh
just like lego really

Last edited:
I suppose these houses do have a "Gmax look" as they're made with Gmax. Some weathering will be applied to these, but then it's too easy to overdo that. Concrete stump version, also some low set ones without veranda rails being finished. These will be on TPR not Auran DLS.
ff8a3992dbd636ee0b4bf471856dbccc.jpg

Last edited:
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by trainman3801

Lovin' the SCT's Vinny, very nice. However I have a question, are they meant to have 16 notches? Because mine do but it doesn't show that is has any errors on CMP.

In the "motor" tag of the SCT's engine specs you can alter this setting to any amount of notches you want. I liked 16 notches and that is what I set as:

throttle-notches 16

Just change the number "16" to your requirement if you are not happy with 16 notches. There will be no errors shown as this tag is now mandatory and is a requirement now for TS12.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Falcon, have you thought about making a box the size and height of the verandah, tapering the lower vertices in to about half the width of the verandah and texturing it with a semitransparent dark grey or black texture(you could use the phong setting @ 70% opacity, like glass) to create a shadow effect under the verandah? it would only add 4 polys if you deleted the top and bottom polygons you could also copy it and move it down to do the same under the house around the peirs to have shadow there.

cheers
pete

The coal wagons are on page 1278 in ghostryders time warp. I was just interested because
I am doing a central Queensland grain route from Emerald to Gindie, probably the most boring
line in QLD because of Emerald to Gindie it's just one long 20 Km straight. Apparently not good
for rail photography We had driven to Springsure where the line goes and we only saw a road
runner/Hi rail so we gave up and we drove back and got photos of Blackwater line coal trains.

Sman12345
Those hoppers are a beta version i have been toying and testing for their creator i am not sure when they will be ready for the DLS i will have to talk to the creator and see what his intentions are.

Ghosty

hi guys this is my first custom content i have posted so tell me what you think. these arent accurate as i only done them from memory and are reskins of the nsw xpt stop sign's
coreycat_20090731_0000.jpg

Nice work with the blur effect, looks pretty sweet!

Gmax is starting to become more interesting, had a try at something more complicated but it didn't go so well. lol

Looks too boxy, needs alot of adjusting.
hi deadly i was bored and scanning through forums and came across this. is it on the DLS?

Falcon, have you thought about making a box the size and height of the verandah, tapering the lower vertices in to about half the width of the verandah and texturing it with a semitransparent dark grey or black texture(you could use the phong setting @ 70% opacity, like glass) to create a shadow effect under the verandah? it would only add 4 polys if you deleted the top and bottom polygons you could also copy it and move it down to do the same under the house around the peirs to have shadow there.

cheers
pete
Hi Pete
Sounds like an idea worth giving a burl. Seen similar on some locos. Tried one idea for shadow effects, using a square brush set to about one third opacity dark grey and painting about a quarter to a third of top of the wall texture. Probably the textured box would be easier and more controllable.
Cheers Will

with the phong setting instead of the normal bling in gmax texture setting you can use a solid colour and just adjust the transparency to make your shadow darker or lighter

cheers
pete

Back