Are there two Download Stations.

Well, yeah I know the thumbnails have gone for some items, and I know days are missing from CM, and I know about the first link, but didn't know about the second. Perhaps they're migrating the database over to the new address?

If it is a migration, it would explain two things:

1.The missing images issue, as the new Download Station has the images appearing OK.
2.The related TADDaemon issues, as I've mentioned in the DLS,FCT forum (where this would have probably been better placed)

Shane

Hint......... It's probably still under development, not a good idea to start swamping it, before it's been officially announced tested and working properly, after the Shop mishap I would think that will need to be done first.

a new download station would be cool, the current one www.auran.com/TRS2004/DLS.php fails alot of the time and the pictures for the assets can't be seen. Other times it won't even search, if there is a new dls and they have not said anything.........................i hope it's better than the "old" one

I looked at it. Much more modern. Very nice individual item presentation.

Beyond the new DLS itself the fact that there is a major change is heartening. Maybe an update to the program will come soon.
Now they could be getting a way to improve the use of Trainz for people with cellphones when they are trapped in a subway. N3V is doing their part, reducing pollution by making public transportation less onerous. They may have even received a grant to fund it.

Hey all,

Thanks for your interest and keen observation skills. The Trainzportal DLS is currently a work-in progress.

Kris

Well I'll put in a good cheer. I like it. Looks good and I look forward to the day it goes "gold".

It sure is pretty........different, in fact it's about time that the DLS got a 'Face Lift'. I,m gonna give it a workout now. -Robert-:wave:

I too want to add my congrats to N3V for the nice new DLS web interface. The old TRS2004 "Black Pages" scheme has had a good and exceptionally long run, even though the Trainz color scheme has changed several times over the years. The new interface looks nice and I'm especially liking how the "Download Page" pages open as a scripted pop-up window portion of the DLS result list page rather than in a seperate browser window. Seems that people are already calling the new interface the "White Pages". It's almost a shame that the new color scheme isn't yellow-ish so that we could call it the "Yellow Pages". ;) (Just kidding, that likely wouldn't look so nice.)

I am little embarrassed by new look, but nothing serious, my real concern is about current lack of possibility to download single asset directly trough ftp. I still hope this functionality will stay in new DLS version. On the other side, display only 1000 results of search limitation is away and I hope it will remain so in final version.

I am little embarrassed by new look, but nothing serious, my real concern is about current lack of possibility to download single asset directly trough ftp. I still hope this functionality will stay in new DLS version. On the other side, display only 1000 results of search limitation is away and I hope it will remain so in final version.

The FTP option is still present under the "? Download Details" button

I have 2 questions. 1-can you have a route &/or session removed from the DLS? (with multiplayer route/session no one knows if it will work till it up loaded, and if they don't work it would be nice if the arther could ask to have it removed.
Question 2- If a asset is downloaded from this new site (say a MP route/session)will the person have to wait till it showed up in content manager before they can play it?(thing show up on the DLS before content manager.)

Back