Amusement Park

I like it, really nice work, I would like to put in something like that one day, is everything on the DLS or is there custom stuff in there,

I think it's cool. You could add the DEC Mini Diesel, coach and 15" track in there as well. Not sure if those coaches you have there are the same as DEC, would like to know where you got them please if they are not.I don't recognise the colour of the coaches.

Very creative, Nice Rollercoster
Can you position the Rollercoster Cars at the top of coster and let them go.

Nice little project you have going there.There is some content on the DLS that might interest you.Austin316hockey has some nice amusement park rides.......Wave Swinger,Round Up,Hurricane etc.....i used them on a similar project.

Looks like you had some good fun putting that together!

Nice work on the textures in the first shot; it’s not all green grass. What stood out for me was the use of the brown muddy looking texture where the crowds of people had trodden down the grass between the different attractions.

I have one tip regarding your foliage. Try adding some shadows underneath the trees and shrubs. There are some ready made ones on the DLS, but you can also use textures. A good texture to use is USA Forest 3 <kuid:-1:100798>. Use the minimum radius (to get the smallest “shadow” spread), and maximum scale (so that the USA tree image isn’t obvious). Go in with a vertical view over the center of each tree and give a (very!) quick LMB click to get a faint burst of texture on top of the previous texture layer. The same USA Forest “shadow” works equally effectively over other surfaces, such as gravel or concrete, provided it is given a light application, because it will blend nicely with the previous texture.

When applied, move back and admire the results. As well as having an acceptable shadow it will also give the illusion of the tree/bush being anchored to the ground, rather than a floating appearance.

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions, (Hotgrove) I found the rides you suggested put them in with screenshots to follow later, I have to say some look a bit scary to ride on.

Amusement Parks are really fun to build:
53c6f1278f603c3aea288edcd4c76852.jpg

hert:wave:

They're excellent but a big performance hit,however they are a must for the type of project you are working on......i used a few of them on a seaside promenade of a small island i built a couple of years ago.......as you see from my screenshot(hope you don't mind) i never had the correct coaster cars (i got them soon after).......i lost this route and a few others due to a hard drive failure........the route can still be viewed on the "one board layouts" thread.............i like these small routes that you are building.....look forward to more screens.
2l8z0c3.png

Here is an excellent thread to list names and kuids of Amusement park assets.

I am presuming that rollercoasters were something like 36" track (or the equivalent of @ 1000mm)?

There are 2 types of rollercoasters, wooden trestle with side walkways and 2 handrails ... and modern tubular steel rollercoasters

Elvenor and Slugsmasher have some great tracks on the DLS ... but I have yet to come across any timber trestle track that has 2 side handrails

Tracks like Maine_2foot_high_trestle and 3 foot trestle 30m look promising

What other assets can you find on the DLS ?

Last edited:
AaaaaaaAHh ! You just, must, make a video of the rollercoaster, and place it in the Trainz Videos thread !

The reason of the two handrails, is that an inspection worker must walk the tracks and check for loose equipment (I'd hate to have that job, as I'm a skeerd' of heights) !

Last edited:
I would love to make a video of the roller coaster but I am not that technically minded as to how to. I've only just figured out how to post screenshots after all these years. If I could make a video I think it would be quite good as you do not get the sound effects with screenshots.
Speaking of which, I originally had 'people talking' installed and eventually found that it was this, which caused the programme to freeze.

Back