2010-11 Route Building Competition

Really? Why does it really matter if he is happy about it or not? Does the contest require his happiness to be valid?......Is his happiness a prerequisite for starting a new contest? He would be the first to say no!....but such a statement seems to imply it...

You are correct in your statement, but here is the large flaw in it. John Kink has been here longer then most of us. He is also a vary wise man. When I say "he will not be happy" I am inferring that when he held is contest and it failed. This one is going to fail.

I am surprised that he has not all ready replied yet.

Think of it like this, he has had a lot of experience with getting people motivated. If he can't do it, no one can.

Also, the facts back me up. Last year, 36 rented. All they had to do was create a 3 baseboard route. At the end of the contest. Only 3 completed, and the prizes were better then this competition and this competition you have to do 8 baseboards. Why do you think this one is going to be better?

Cheers,
JRT

As the winner of the 2006 route building competition I would have been very happy without a prize (although in fact Auran contributed a six-month first class ticket). Just to have been selected as the most favored by fellow Trainzers was reward enough.
I remember the rule as being not more than 15 boards and I think about 5 people actually submitted routes.
By not putting too many constraints on the route size/type etc. it encourages those who have already done a lot of work on a route to make that final effort and submit it for consideration.

Good Luck
Segy

I undrstand your argument, but sometimes ou just have to try again and see what happens. The ruote building comp di end badly a few years ago but it was a great idea and maybe with a few changes it will work. JRT, I have also changed the rules to update the competition and make it easier.
I respect John King and understand why he would say no, but it is worth a try.

Josh

Well i'll join!
About the industy...for a station does it have to be one that loads people?

Last edited:
I’m sure you guys have the best of intentions, but this is a screenshot forum!

Get this moved to the right place someone - please!!

Here’s a screenshot (Good old PaintShed! :D) :

Casper
:(

routebuildingcomp2bubbl.jpg

Imageshack

Last edited:
who did you have in mind JRT or who else

Josh

I do not know what you mean by "who I had in mind"...

Also, if you would like a webpage developed for your competition I will be happy to do it. Some email accounts have a limit of the file size you can send in a a email. Your best bet, may be to have a upload area on the webpage.

Cheers,
JRT

Josh, I give you a lot of credit for attempting this, and I wish you the best of luck! But this thread, with being in the wrong place, and containing only one (brilliant) screenshot, gets a:

picard-facepalm.jpg

Steve

This one may be a shocker, but I have decided that I will join this small competition.. but, this does not mean that this changes my opinion on the competition.

JRT

Thanks JRT it is suprising, but I appreciate your entry.

What I was talking about was how to move the thread. I have no clue and need help.

Thanks
Josh

Thanks JRT it is suprising, but I appreciate your entry.

What I was talking about was how to move the thread. I have no clue and need help.

Thanks
Josh

Contact a moderator and ask them to move the thread to "Trainz Community".

Back