2010-11 Route Building Competition

stmsoccer

TrainzForge Advisor
Here it is the 2010-11
Route Building Competition
Untitled.png

Many suggestions and details have been adjusted and I am working on a better set of rules to allow for ease of the competition.
Here are the rules
-The route must be at least 4 boards big
- it must contain 1 interactive industry( includes stations, factories, warehouses, mills, and mines, Engine facilities ( small) do not count
- The competition will start on November 30 East USA time
-To submit a route, first email it to me using my home email () along with a dependency sheet with every item not on the dls
- may be an existing route but must have significant changes and credit given
-The date for the end is April 24 East USA time
- to vote you will go on my website and download the routes and judge from that (trainzpa.weebly.com
- the file may be submitted in a zip or cdp(preferably cdp format)
- Trainz editions may be Trs 04, Trainz Classics 3, Trainz Classics 1&2, Trs 06, Trs 09, Trs 10,
- Judging will take place the following 2 weeks and the winner will be announced that Sunday ( May 8th, 2011) and only the 3 judges may vote.
- any questions or advice contact me by PM or e-mail
- More details may come soon.

1st prize is a $10 voucher to ultra vegetation or for non 2010 users a $10 dollar voucher to RRmods (Thanks to mcguirel)

If you would like to join post your entrance here
I also need 2 more judges so ask if you want and i will choose

The list so far
-gary6204
-rbar 164
-norfolksouthern9078
-gaugestomper
-JackieG
-JRT

Good Luck and have fun

Josh

Last edited:
Is there a Prize To This Because I have a List of other Things I'd Like To Get Done First.... But I always Find These Intresting...

as for the priz i will have to work something out with somebody and i will put out another thread with more info once i get more entries and 2 judges
What kind of prize are you looking for.

Thanks
Josh

Last edited:
Well I Didn't have anything In mind, But Long-Haul contests normally have a little something at the end...

i have contacted joe of jointedrail and deano of rrmods and will pick an offer if they give me anything.

Thanks
Josh

McGuireL Ultra-Vegetation Affiliated with RRMods.com would like to offer a prize towards this: A $10 dollar voucher towards any Ultra-Vegetation product(s).
If the winner does not have TS2010, then a gift of $10 Dollars towards any RRMods.com purchase form McGuireL transferred to RRMods.com.

Last edited:
i have contacted joe of jointedrail and deano of rrmods and will pick an offer if they give me anything.

Thanks
Josh
Really? ...is there another Deano at RRMods?:confused:

I was just about to go to bed but decided to pop in on the forums here before shutting down. I dont have TS2010 but just by chance decided to click on this thread, then read your quoted statement, just rechecked my email & PM's at RRMods, nothing there:confused: .

I"m sorry, but I dont have the authority to make a call on giving away prizes, You would want to check with Mike: mikelj001@rrmods.com For any prize donations on a contest not put on by us;) .

For the record, a big Thank You should go out to mcguirel, that was offered and done on her own, very commendable:D .

Last edited:
Yeah, this isn't going to work. Trust me on this. A much more organized competition fell through a while back, with the 4 finalists that made it to the end, all winning due to logistical issues.

Yeah, this isn't going to work. Trust me on this. A much more organized competition fell through a while back, with the 4 finalists that made it to the end, all winning due to logistical issues.

I have to agree with you JB. I am just reading all this and ROFLMAO!!!!

I understand your concerns and maybe i will chop the boards down to 4 to make it easier, but i will still give it a try and see what happens if i get more people later i will just adjust the finish date.

Deano, i thought i contacted you maybe i did and i didnt get through anyway im sorry if it didnt.

mcguirel
Thank you for your nice donation i much appreciate it and am very thankful.

Last edited:
stmsoccer said:
Deano, i thought i contacted you maybe i did and i didnt get through anyway im sorry if it didnt.
Not a problem;) , just kinda through me for a loop when I read this:

Thanks
Josh

I was thinking really? I have never conversed with you before:confused: , so then last night i re-went through my emails, and PM's at RRMods thinking I missed something...nothing from you was found, I was beginning to think I was going nuts:eek: .

Then after work tonight I popped in on my UP thread here, thats when I found this post you entered in that thread yesturday:

stmsoccer said:
I have just added a route building comp if you are interested find the thread and read instructions

thanks
Josh

I can only guess this was your way of "contacting me" for a prize offer? :confused:
(Sheew...I need a coffee and cigarette after solving that mystery:hehe: )

Anyways, I give you points for thanking mcguirel, that was very nice of her:D .

Good luck with your contest! :)

so can we do it in teams or do you have to do it with one person per route?
Even so I'm in:D but I've never finished or uploaded a route before:confused:
Can we start right away?:D

teams would be a new idea that maybe we could try later, but for now my goal is correct the problem we had last year which was so many people were nervous about not finishing they dropped out so I will leave plenty of time. So i would rather do it in singles

Deano would you be interested in participating or judging now that you route looks like you have some experience

Thanks

Josh

im going to try to get a decent amount first then i will announce a start and end

if you would like to help out the comp you can help me spread the word

Deano I have just started a route building site and am having a hard time getting the word out because i do not have a direct domain is there any way you can put a link on rrmods
my link is in my signature just click it

Thanks
Josh

Back