2010-11 Route Building Competition

I have to agree with you JB. I am just reading all this and ROFLMAO!!!!
As the person who headed last year's I even agree.
The Route Building Competition is the hardest, most aggravating pain in the neck I have ever experienced in Trainz. John King made it very plain, you have to have experience in management before you can do this.
The different versions of Trainz and all the questions the competitors ask simply are not possible to be handled and the questions are not able to be answered most of the time.

So yes, I'll eat my hat if you can make this work.

Cheers,
Woody

Im hoping to make it work and am thinking of fixes for some problems you may have had and hopefully make it work because it would be a nice yearly thing to do.

Thanks
Josh

Actually Woody has a point about the versions of trainz. I only have 2010 and while my brother does have 09 I will only be able to use 2010 but if you are a judge and you only have 2006...

Shouldn't this whole thread be moved to Trainz Community since there are no screenshots in it and there are likely to be none for many months at best?

lol Woody, wondered when you would chime in. I see what you mean, as a judge in the first route building competition, yes, it can get very challenging. I'd like to see what happens here, this person has a lot on their plate, with an airport comp as well as this.

Deano would you be interested in participating or judging now that you route looks like you have some experience

Thanks

Josh

Thanks for asking:) , but I couldnt even consider being in or judging a route building contest, sure I have three routes started, but I seriously doubt ANY of them will ever be finished, and NONE of them could ever possibly be released because they are so jam packed with payware. That and the fact I'm so far behind on my RRMods projects its not even funny, I'm close to finishing one project, but 1000 miles behind on another, I'm sorry but I just dont have the time.

(BTW, WOW, your "some experiance" comment...ouch, hold on a sec folks, it will take me a min or two to get up off the floor after that kick in the crotch:eek: )

Good luck with your contest, I hope it works out.

it was actually meant to be a compliment im sorry if you took it the wrong way your route is looking great and rrmods is lucky to have you

George i will consider moving it soon if i get a few more people.

Really the only way it can work is if you sub-divide it into groups for each version of Trainz. This was an idea I was going to mention to John last year but decided not to, due to the low amount of people who entered. Then you have to have judges for each version, and generally speaking more than one.
It's complicated all around.

Have Fun, (;))
Woody

I would have someone with some experience help you with this, (IC, JRT, etc.) because you only have three entrants, and also, if you want to be taken seriously, spell words with the correct punctuations, capitalization, and all the other goodies.

Your right, illinois central is there any chance you might want to try to help with this. With your past experience and some of my ideas maybe we could figure a method out.

Josh

Stmsoccer
Its nice to see enthusiasm, I was one of the four entrants in the competition organized by Boobless_ed, my map ended up being declared the winner on the margin of two votes to one, i never voted in the map comp i left that up to others.

Having been involved in this kind of comp you need to define your rules first not on the fly. So before you start it work out what is and isnt going to be allowed. Dont make it up on the run. Also you need to define a start and end date for the comp it helps to know how much time you have to build in for those building. Also in regards to the no WIPs or previous map i disagree, its hard enough getting entries without making it even harder, with old maps they can be modified and adjusted to change them a new map.

As for working out a winner i think the best way is not via screenshots as a screenshot only shows what the contributer wants you to see from their perspective, The voting for boobless eds comp was carried out by the maps being made available for those interested to look at and operate and then decide i think this method to be the fairest view.

just a few thoughts from a entrant in a previous map making comp.

ghosty

Those are good ideas is there any way you would be able to help me?

And as far as the judging, I could have everyone email the cdp's with dependency requirements if not on dls and post them on my site.

Thanks
Josh

Shouldn't this whole thread be moved to Trainz Community since there are no screenshots in it and there are likely to be none for many months at best?

^^^^^^^^^
What he said!

No doubt a great idea - but this is in totally the wrong forum!

:(

It will be moved shortly.
Does anyone have any more ideas, I have just updated the rules with a few things and am thinking of some more.

Thanks
Josh

John King is not going to be happy about this...

Cheers,
JRT
Really? Why does it really matter if he is happy about it or not? Does the contest require his happiness to be valid?......Is his happiness a prerequisite for starting a new contest? He would be the first to say no!....but such a statement seems to imply it...

Back