Unable to upload screenshots to Gallery

I Agree with you @pware, because we have a certain percentage of OCD types who have no patience and think the entire company should pivot on their demands. Unfortunately, that is true of most any customer facing business these days. But I also agree with JimDep, at least acknowledge that you are aware the users are having an issue, and it is originating from N3V, and they are working on it.

I Agree with you @pware, because we have a certain percentage of OCD types who have no patience and think the entire company should pivot on their demands. Unfortunately, that is true of most any customer facing business these days. But I also agree with JimDep, at least acknowledge that you are aware the users are having an issue, and it is originating from N3V, and they are working on it.
Keep in mind too that that the Gallery problems of not being able to get past the first page has been going on since before Christmas and this latest problem for not being able to upload screen shots from the game itself, going on for just shy of a month. They've had plenty of time to at least acknowledge it on their forum.

There better be a date for the fix, because if there isn’t, I’m going to cry my heart out…
At this point I'd settle for a reply such as " Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes, we are aware you have a problem". Oh shoot, I just served them up another hanging curve ball, right over the plate.

That baseball metaphor is lost on us cricket fanatics across the Atlantic and "Down Under". A more suitable and clear cut metaphor would be something like "he returned the bowler to silly mid on with a dolly"
At least you knew it was about baseball and are also aware that we get nothing but Crickets in return.

Only, that is not true. ZecMurphy did acknowledge it on one of the dozen threads in this forum on this topic. In fact, you created this thread long after that acknowledgement. The attitude of this thread whether intentional or not, rapidly became a demand that N3V drop everything to fix the issue and provide constant updates. Now this sort of behavior is common on "social media" as discussions tend to devolve into tribalism where peer pressure is exerted on posters to "take a side".

Perhaps, it is worth taking time to consider the N3V viewpoint. They have been very quiet in this forum for roughly 6 months and so their quietness on this issue is not a symbol of avoidance but of an overall shift in the way the company responds to the forum in general. It helps to understand that the gaming industry is suffering at the moment due to poor sales. Many gaming companies expanded during the period of draconian lockdowns when users had more free time to play games. Unfortunately. this boom in business did not continue after the world began to get back to normal. And now announcements of layoffs and cancellation of projects are all too common. It may be that N3V is working full speed on getting a new product out the door to boost revenue. Certainly, work on TRS25 has begun and the sooner it is released the better it will be for the bottom line of the company.

So given that the Trainz Gallery is a non-revenue producing service of the website and if the problem is beyond the skills of the web team to fix. Bringing in outside help to fix the problem might not be a choice that N3V wants to make right now. Or as others have suggested, it is simply a low priority in the bigger process. After all, the system does still work with manual uploads as can be seen by the presence of screenshots all over the forum.

A few years ago, Tony disclosed they had run a survey of first time buyers of T:ANE and he cited some of the results. First, only 10% had downloaded anything from the DLS and only 20% had logged into this forum. The former is certainly the reason that much time and money has been spent in expanding the in game download system for both DLS items and Trainz Store purchases. It really has come a long way since the early efforts of TS12. The latter shows it is a fallacy to cite the opinions of the forum as representing the "will of the people" which N3V should respond to with the highest priority. There are official ways to get responses such as the helpdesk and bug reports that are much more efficient than using the forum as a virtual speaker's corner of Hyde Park to voice your grievances. I'm sure that everyone here wants the brightest future for N3V and wants to do nothing to harm that future. So maybe it is time to let this thread and all the others like it just die.

Anything we can say that will let N3V (correctly) identify a fully functioning Gallery as a profit center?

Currently I only use the Trainz Gallery to present my new creations through the website: /MyTrainz/ Trainz Gallery, then I copy the link to the image and that's it. Except for the waiting time for charging (4 to 8 minutes) I have no complaints.

Anything we can say that will let N3V (correctly) identify a fully functioning Gallery as a profit center?
Perhaps add access to the Trainz Gallery as a benefit of an active FCT? Without a FCT, maybe access could be limited to 4 screenshots per day.

Only, that is not true. ZecMurphy did acknowledge it on one of the dozen threads in this forum on this topic. In fact, you created this thread long after that acknowledgement. The attitude of this thread whether intentional or not, rapidly became a demand that N3V drop everything to fix the issue and provide constant updates. Now this sort of behavior is common on "social media" as discussions tend to devolve into tribalism where peer pressure is exerted on posters to "take a side".

Perhaps, it is worth taking time to consider the N3V viewpoint. They have been very quiet in this forum for roughly 6 months and so their quietness on this issue is not a symbol of avoidance but of an overall shift in the way the company responds to the forum in general. It helps to understand that the gaming industry is suffering at the moment due to poor sales. Many gaming companies expanded during the period of draconian lockdowns when users had more free time to play games. Unfortunately. this boom in business did not continue after the world began to get back to normal. And now announcements of layoffs and cancellation of projects are all too common. It may be that N3V is working full speed on getting a new product out the door to boost revenue. Certainly, work on TRS25 has begun and the sooner it is released the better it will be for the bottom line of the company.

So given that the Trainz Gallery is a non-revenue producing service of the website and if the problem is beyond the skills of the web team to fix. Bringing in outside help to fix the problem might not be a choice that N3V wants to make right now. Or as others have suggested, it is simply a low priority in the bigger process. After all, the system does still work with manual uploads as can be seen by the presence of screenshots all over the forum.

A few years ago, Tony disclosed they had run a survey of first time buyers of T:ANE and he cited some of the results. First, only 10% had downloaded anything from the DLS and only 20% had logged into this forum. The former is certainly the reason that much time and money has been spent in expanding the in game download system for both DLS items and Trainz Store purchases. It really has come a long way since the early efforts of TS12. The latter shows it is a fallacy to cite the opinions of the forum as representing the "will of the people" which N3V should respond to with the highest priority. There are official ways to get responses such as the helpdesk and bug reports that are much more efficient than using the forum as a virtual speaker's corner of Hyde Park to voice your grievances. I'm sure that everyone here wants the brightest future for N3V and wants to do nothing to harm that future. So maybe it is time to let this thread and all the others like it just die.
The Gallery problem I've been talking about is not the same one Zec posted about months ago. This is their forum, not some 3rd party site, so the least they could do is acknowledge it. I don't buy it that taking 20 seconds out to acknowledge something is hurting their productivity somewhere else.

Perhaps add access to the Trainz Gallery as a benefit of an active FCT? Without a FCT, maybe access could be limited to 4 screenshots per day.

I like the idea of a 4 screenshot per day limitation. ..however, I don't believe
the Trainz Galley should be made into some additional benefit that should cost extra, as it was included as part of the software we already purchased. It was working fine up until last December.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean as a profit center. Fully functioning would be nice. It was up until last December and then.........crickets...........lots of crickets.

I just tried uploading a screenshot from Surveyor to the Trainz Gallery.
Saturday, March 30th........STILL NOT WORKING

NV3 .......how's it going today ? Happy Easter everybody.

It was a joke, as was RobertoE99's comment.

In any case why do so many people assume that the staff at N3V spend their time reading every post in these forums? I certainly wouldn't.

IF this Was In A Support Section it would gain there attention..... This is just the General Chat Section for the Forums as this problem will likely Never be Seen in the Light of day from N3V....

Back