Unable to download asset <kuid>. File not available on server, or failed to download.

@Smidges

Your missing <kuid2:90361:1502:1> is missing and not on the DLS. You need to contact the content-creator who uploaded the 120ft turntable that this belongs to.

Too bad that N3V aren't professional enough to give us a heads up on what's going down. Some kind of statue report anything!

Too bad that N3V aren't professional enough to give us a heads up on what's going down. Some kind of statue report anything!
I had no issue downloading content today. There was nothing the other day but today there's a lot of content. In the past, the error checking and curating content process takes time to process the content on the server. I'm not saying this is what occurred this time, but at any rate, it's working now.

Sometimes, with the internet and the intertubes being what they are, and some of the things are out of their control. The area where the servers is located has been hit with severe storms with flooding and very high winds. Some gusts were 80 kph or higher. Where I live, we had 40-60 kph winds with trees down yesterday as the storm moved out to sea and up north.

You can try this. At the Launcher, click on the Developer menu item and click on Trainzutil.

In the dialog box, type in downloadcontentlistings and click OK or press the Enter key.

This will refresh the DLS content in your Content Manager.

I had no issue downloading content today. There was nothing the other day but today there's a lot of content. In the past, the error checking and curating content process takes time to process the content on the server. I'm not saying this is what occurred this time, but at any rate, it's working now.

Sometimes, with the internet and the intertubes being what they are, and some of the things are out of their control. The area where the servers is located has been hit with severe storms with flooding and very high winds. Some gusts were 80 kph or higher. Where I live, we had 40-60 kph winds with trees down yesterday as the storm moved out to sea and up north.

You can try this. At the Launcher, click on the Developer menu item and click on Trainzutil.

In the dialog box, type in downloadcontentlistings and click OK or press the Enter key.

This will refresh the DLS content in your Content Manager.
could u provide some visuals? i have ADHD and sometimes Visuals help me out XD ^^'

I checked the DLS.

I put in the asset and queried and nothing came back. There's not much.

For the wind, see here:

This is today. The big red blob is what's left. It was worse over the weekend and yesterday.

I checked the DLS.

I put in the asset and queried and nothing came back. There's not much.

For the wind, see here:

This is today. The big red blob is what's left. It was worse over the weekend and yesterday.
Try Downloading an item and look at the download window and actually show the window so you can see what is going on with the status of the download... its still down for me

I'm having the same issue on TANE and I keep getting this error no matter what I try. I tried making a new account, and it didn't work as it recognized my name. I even tried changing my password. I tried refreshing my account.
Also, I have mytrainz on two different computers. I tried refreshing both ends and it didn't work so far either. I just somehow fixed it yesterday and now I have to fix it again. do i have to uninstall and reinstall trainz on the laptop I'm using? Why does it keep giving me this error when I am already signed into everything required?

Hi everyone,

We have become aware of this issue this morning due to another post in the support forums, and are investigating the problem.

Thank you for the information you have provided. We will post another update on this thread when we know more.

Thanks,
Terry Palmer
N3V Games

Hi everyone,

We have become aware of this issue this morning due to another post in the support forums, and are investigating the problem.

Thank you for the information you have provided. We will post another update on this thread when we know more.

Thanks,
Terry Palmer
N3V Games
Are you going to fix this error? I had been at this all day I tried multiple sequences of starting up trainz and signing in on mytrainz and trying to make dls on TANE to work. I tried to download the BR 143 from 2010 on to new era through the DLS, and I kept getting the same error over and over, again and again. It made no sense to me why it kept going into this error even though I'm signed in on both my laptop and desktop. It did let me port in models from Trainz freeware websites as I tried that. You think it's something to do with the developer end of TANE?

Are you going to fix this error?
Obviously they will. The post from N3V above yours stated that "We have become aware of this issue this morning due to another post in the support forums, and are investigating the problem."
Fixing problems can be simple or it can be difficult. It would be a mistake to rush the process because some users are becoming anxious about not being able to download from the DLS - rushing usually leads to more problems.

For the record I was able to download from the DLS without any problems about an hour and a half after N3V posted the message above so maybe it has been fixed, or maybe I am just lucky?
You think it's something to do with the developer end of TANE?
No!

Obviously they will. The post from N3V above yours stated that "We have become aware of this issue this morning due to another post in the support forums, and are investigating the problem."
Fixing problems can be simple or it can be difficult. It would be a mistake to rush the process because some users are becoming anxious about not being able to download from the DLS - rushing usually leads to more problems.

For the record I was able to download from the DLS without any problems about an hour and a half after N3V posted the message above so maybe it has been fixed, or maybe I am just lucky?

No!
I was able to download fine today as well without any issues.

Some people have no clue what goes into troubleshooting, implementing a fix, testing, and then releasing. They also don't understand time zones either with it now being 1:05 pm (13:05) Brisbane time. This means, they got into the office at 8 or 9:00 and spent the morning coming up with a plan to resolve the issue.

I'm still having the issue.
Close down Trainz completely including the Launcher and then after a few minutes to ensure that everything is in fact closed, start up again and see if it works. There's also the possibility that N3V is working on the problem and you are experiencing the outage at the moment.

Back