Unable to download asset <kuid>. File not available on server, or failed to download.

Thanks oldman777. I have tried WinSCP through FTP protocol, but there's only a "pub" folder in the root path, no "Restricted" folder which I had seen a few days ago. I have also tried switching my IP address to the UK and the US and nothing works. Seems the DLS server is down. My First class ticket only lasts for a month. Shame on the N3V.

wqshmzh
I think if there is no connection to the game servers, then this is not on all channels.
I use FTP as an alternative to a Content Manager. First, I download the route from the FTP, install and see what size and number of dependencies this route has. Based on the disk space and traffic, I make a decision whether it is necessary or not at the moment.
I have now made a complete route trace from Moscow to New York, US, where, as it turned out, the FTP server is located. The whole route and the responses are excellent:

You can check it from you in the same way, and see which gateway in which country fell or the game server is to blame, which can be located anywhere.

welp DLS is down for me being a FCT Holder..... File not available on server or failed to download error on TRS22 Content Manager...

I think if there is no connection to the game servers, then this is not on all channels.
I use FTP as an alternative to a Content Manager. First, I download the route from the FTP, install and see what size and number of dependencies this route has. Based on the disk space and traffic, I make a decision whether it is necessary or not at the moment.
I have now made a complete route trace from Moscow to New York, US, where, as it turned out, the FTP server is located. The whole route and the responses are excellent:

You can check it from you in the same way, and see which gateway in which country fell or the game server is to blame, which can be located anywhere.
Thank you oldman777. I tried changing my profile location to Germany and it works. The "Restricted" folder in FTP is back and all assets in CM are downloadable. I think the N3V provides download service according to the nationality of each account, which is really not equal to people around the globe.

respect,
wqshmzh

And I think I have to give a POOR rating to TRS on Steam where I bought this game.

And I think I have to give a POOR rating to TRS on Steam where I bought this game.
I also bought the game on steam and everything works fine for me. What rating should I give? :)

But seriously, I think it's not worth getting excited. I am sure that these difficulties are not related to the developers or the owners of the game.
Such spontaneous events can happen at any time and to anyone for reasons beyond their control.

Not sure what time N3V wake up in Australia but given this has been going on for over 24 hours would have been nice for someone to come on and let us know what’s happening and estimate for a fix.

image.png

Here is what it shows for me! IDK what to do...

Hi, i discovered that for some reason, i can't download anything from the TRS19 DLS. every time i try to do so, it searches for every kuid like usual, before suddenly showing me a bunch of errors saying "Unable to download asset <kuid>. File not available on server, or failed to download.". i am logged in, and i even have an FTC, but trainz just won't budge, and there's very little, if any help for this particular problem out there. (sorry for my potentially bad english/grammar/punctuation)

i forgot to mention, the download speed stays at 0, it never changes.
Have you had any help??

I guess all of us should distinguish the N3V ftp servers down issue from general interent connection issues (related either to provider or everyone's personal network environement or combination of both). I am very surprised and glad to refer that some time ago dead DLS status check page is (at least partially) live again to help us with this:

Just change the forum account profile location to Germany, which is what I did, and everything works fine. I have no idea why N3V provides download service according to the location of user profile.

I live in Germanny, and I can't download either.

Back