- Mexico - Ferrocarril de Altas Montañas (FdAM)

Work on km's 17-22 and 35-38

2024-03-03-151428.jpg

2024-03-03-172829.jpg

2024-03-04-002337.jpg

2024-03-04-002809.jpg

2024-03-04-004938.jpg
Who makes that bridge?

Well, since you had to quote all five pictures, there's three bridges visible in them and i have no clue which one you are refering to...

Even the oily parts of the junctions (maintenance teams regularly grease the tip and core of the switches to ensure proper operation and prevent wear) are figured by a darker tone : I'm mad :eek: 😁 !

Cheers,

Philippe

That and also where engine are parked or wait in sidings for longer times, loosing fluids 😅 Realism is pretty important to me, especially when it comes to track layouts, operations and everything connected with that.

And here's my empty bunker oil train out of the Port of Hamburg i drove into Switzerland today, just because i like posting pictures haha 🙌🏼☺️

IMG-20240307-072204-1.jpg

Well, that loco DOES have the same name as his user description (sbbcargo)
Yeah i've been working for them for a bit now, kinda boring compared to what i did before but at least the shifts are planned in advance and the pay is good

Are you indeed a real driver of trains :oops: ?
Yes, I've seen that ! Pity we don't see him through the locomotive's windscreen :confused: ;) !!

Well here you go haha

2024-03-07-210639.jpg

Last edited:
That video is awesome, but steering wheel? That seems like it would be a lot of fun, but as they say, "It used to be fun, now it's work". I have a nephew who does this for Union Pacific, but the schedule of hours and days is sometimes a real killer. Quite a few end up divorced and in drug rehab.

Hi Flusi,

Thank you for inviting us behind your windscreen : much appreciated ! Nice to meet you :) !!

Cheers,

philippe

Hi Flusi,

Thank you for inviting us behind your windscreen : much appreciated ! Nice to meet you !!

Cheers,

philippe

Hi Philippe, Forester1,

No problem haha :) I don't work for that company anymore so i can post all the Videos of me driving and doing stuff without facing any issues now - which is nice!

That video is awesome, but steering wheel? That seems like it would be a lot of fun, but as they say, "It used to be fun, now it's work". I have a nephew who does this for Union Pacific, but the schedule of hours and days is sometimes a real killer. Quite a few end up divorced and in drug rehab.

Yep, steering wheel haha. They are electric engines from the late 50's, it is used to control the 28 notches. Those engines actually worked way better than the modern cr#p we have to deal with today. Class 193 / Vectron especially, god i hate those things with a passion. But most good old 110, 139, 140 and 151s are gone now, those times won't ever come back and i can be happy to have been one of the few my age that trained on these things and worked them on a regular basis for years.

And yes, the job itself is pretty horrible these days. I'm lucky to work for the swiss state railway now, having a maximum 12h a day and a shiftplan a month in advance, never having to sleep in a hotel (for now). But its steadily getting worse everywhere. In other companies they have you work 16-18h and don't even give a damn if you end up in the middle of nowhere afterwards, how you get back home. I'll probably leave this profession rather soon, it's just not worth it anymore. Once my dream job, after 10 years now, my old engines gone and it beeing the same exact routes and assignments every day, i hate going to work more than ever...

So, getting back on topic, i moved the steel mill a few miles off and out of LOD range of the port in Veracruz. Some track layouts had to be redone and i'll have to build a branch line over there - but hey, better than the 15 FPS slideshow despite a 3080TI i guess

2024-03-08-030217.jpg

2024-03-08-005849.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Flusi,

I'm with you, man ! I've had the chance of driving really old EMU's I loved : these were simple as hell : one brake crane, one traction lever ... and that was all !!!! More over, these engines were making some tremendous traction noise which were bringing me on extasis :love: !

Modern engines are complicated and boring, especially with their thyristors buzzing noise :mad: ....

Keep up your nice creations, and thank you for letting us know a little of the "real flusi" ;) !

Cheers,

Philippe

Hi Philippe, Forester1,

No problem haha :) I don't work for that company anymore so i can post all the Videos of me driving and doing stuff without facing any issues now - which is nice!

Yep, steering wheel haha. They are electric engines from the late 50's, it is used to control the 28 notches. Those engines actually worked way better than the modern cr#p we have to deal with today. Class 193 / Vectron especially, god i hate those things with a passion. But most good old 110, 139, 140 and 151s are gone now, those times won't ever come back and i can be happy to have been one of the few my age that trained on these things and worked them on a regular basis for years.

And yes, the job itself is pretty horrible these days. I'm lucky to work for the swiss state railway now, having a maximum 12h a day and a shiftplan a month in advance, never having to sleep in a hotel (for now). But its steadily getting worse everywhere. In other companies they have you work 16-18h and don't even give a damn if you end up in the middle of nowhere afterwards, how you get back home. I'll probably leave this profession rather soon, it's just not worth it anymore. Once my dream job, after 10 years now, my old engines gone and it beeing the same exact routes and assignments every day, i hate going to work more than ever...

So, getting back on topic, i moved the steel mill a few miles off and out of LOD range of the port in Veracruz. Some track layouts had to be redone and i'll have to build a branch line over there - but hey, better than the 15 FPS slideshow despite a 3080TI i guess

2024-03-08-030217.jpg

2024-03-08-005849.jpg
Sorry to hear of your employment going down hill, make sure your "Pension" contributions are safe !!
I'm ex "British Rail" and retired, so I understand your situation.
Best of luck,
evilcrow

That's what nice about me working on a tourist run. The pay sucks, but the schedule is great.

Flusi, I really like that tunnel

Ah its fine guys, i'll find something better eventually :) Yeah a tourist run...hmm, i guess just changing into passenger service would already be quite an improvement

Also, here's an automotive test train stalled out on the 2400ft long 2,7% part of the grade, the rest beeing at 1,5-2,5%. We desperately need more and higher powered engines at this point - after all we now are running cross continental trains from the gulf to the pacific coast, something not planned or thought of before

2024-03-09-183029.jpg

2024-03-09-182127.jpg

Back