Trainz 2019 Continuously Crashing without warning. Starting to become problematic.

BajaBlasted

Standard Cab Fanatic
Hello. This is an issue that is beginning to make Trainz 2019 a burden for me to play. I've expressed this concern before on a thread but it never got any responses so i'm being more specific here. Trainz 2019 is starting to become unenjoyable due to the constant crashing I'm experiencing for no reason whatsoever.

The game crashes, and by crash I mean completely closing itself out entirely, when one of the following occurs from what I've noticed:
-Trains running over 52 MPH enter the field of view
-Certain Locomotives are loaded on game map causing the game to just completely freeze and crash itself... Some examples i've had include the Jointed Rail NS SD70ACC 1800-1801, SOU SD35, and a Repaint of an SD40-2 done by a friend.
-Session Interface is zoomed out entirely to show baseboard map, if multiple trains are on the map.

There are likely a few more examples not accounted for here, but I notice that I'm not the only one having this issue. From searching around I've seen other users encountering the EXACT same issues that I'm having, yet there's no fixes for it. In fact, an Auran developer even came out and said that the issue was due to some sort of sound card or other driver not being compatible with Trainz and that they were aware of the situation, yet no fixing was done to correct the issue.

Now personally... releasing a game with an issue that makes the game entirely unplayable should not be allowed at all. But because I'm a firm believer in Problem Solving, and I have many acquaintances that are able to play the game near flawlessly, I will just go and assume that the issue is on my end. So, below are all of my specs.

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics
RAM: 32 GB (It was originally only at around 8 GB, I made the upgrade myself)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop

I have done the following to try and correct the issue, none of which have worked:
-Updated Graphics Drivers
-Uninstalled Trainz 2019 and re-installed
-Removed it from Anti-virus software check and even re-installed anti-virus software
-Cleared unnecessary temp files and made room on computer for extra space.
-Added more RAM as stated before
-Consulted other Forums, including on Steam where it was discovered that this issue is due to faults in program itself.

I am beginning to grow frustrated with this, as I've had the game for several years now and this issue has been plaguing me each time I pick the game up. I refuse to give any more money to Auran by purchasing a "New" copy of the game, because if the same issues are present there, I will have essentially wasted unnecessary cash trying to fix something that couldn't be fixed previously.

I'm sure support for the game is limited since we're now in 2024 and the game's release was a few years ago, but since it's still actively used and has content being made for it there's obviously enough support to get issues like this resolved. I am again assuming the issue is on my end, so whatever action I need to take to correct it, please leave it below. Thank you.

This issue is caused by your audio driver and it's not the game. What happened is N3V used the proper specs for the in-game audio and the spec was incorrect. If anything, the first thing I would try is updating the sound card/chip drivers and see if that works.

Your RAM upgrade won't hurt and is actually a good thing.

Don't go by the age of the program, or the stated end of support date posted on the Wiki. That seems always to be tentative since full support for programs runs longer and support in the forums runs for much, much longer. There are still Trainz versions well over 15 years old still being supported in the forums.

This issue is caused by your audio driver and it's not the game. What happened is N3V used the proper specs for the in-game audio and the spec was incorrect. If anything, the first thing I would try is updating the sound card/chip drivers and see if that works.

Your RAM upgrade won't hurt and is actually a good thing.

Don't go by the age of the program, or the stated end of support date posted on the Wiki. That seems always to be tentative since full support for programs runs longer and support in the forums runs for much, much longer. There are still Trainz versions well over 15 years old still being supported in the forums.
So I just tried to re-install my audio driver, nothing doing. I also already updated my chip drivers, and again, nothing. Where do I go from here? Do I need a specific TYPE of Sound Driver from NVIDIA or something to that sort?

Little Update: I was able to disable my Realtek audio drive which has seemingly fixed the crash so far when loading JR Content. Problem is there's now no sound. What am I able to do to combat this? I can't update this driver, at least to my knowledge, so how do I play with sound without crashing?

Little Update: I was able to disable my Realtek audio drive which has seemingly fixed the crash so far when loading JR Content. Problem is there's now no sound. What am I able to do to combat this? I can't update this driver, at least to my knowledge, so how do I play with sound without crashing?
What is your motherboard manufacturer? Do you install audio drivers from the Realtek website or from the manufacturer's website?
This may be important for Asus motherboards.

What is your motherboard manufacturer? Do you install audio drivers from the Realtek website or from the manufacturer's website?
This may be important for Asus motherboards.
It's by Lenovo, LNVNB161216, I believe that to be the motherboard when I checked my System Info.

Also, yes, I installed the drivers from the Realtek site. Which, after trying to do the most recent, it said that there was an error right at the very end of the installation.

It's by Lenovo, LNVNB161216, I believe that to be the motherboard when I checked my System Info.

Also, yes, I installed the drivers from the Realtek site. Which, after trying to do the most recent, it said that there was an error right at the very end of the installation.
Realtek has not released audio drivers for end users since 2017, it latest. This may have caused a malfunction.
Download audio drivers from the Lenovo website and install it. Another option, I have been using it for several years, is to download latest from this specialized site. Unpack and run setup.exe:

If these options do not work, then we will try to determine the ID of your audio card and, taking this into account, try to find the necessary drivers.

I also am having the same issues with TRS22PE build 123801, this also commenced with TRS2019.
As a result of this I have spent months awaiting a remedy from N3V.
I have over the past year tried everything my self to remedy the situation.
I did recognise that my Desktop PC was having issues, even after upgrading to a NVIDIA RTX4060 video card.
Finally thinking it was my PC I took the plunge and ordered a new PC.
Here is the spec.
Video card NVIDIA RTX4060 plus

I have this morning disabled the Audio and attempted to run a session continues to CTD.
Note that this is my own route and session which was started with TRS2004, it worked fine with subsequent versions until Christmas 2022 When TRS2022 was loaded.

Does anyone else have any ideas how to achieve a working solution?

I do intend to submit another request, my original one is [#JCC-734-16774]:
I need to log the issues with more description of my game actions.

I also am having the same issues with TRS22PE build 123801, this also commenced with TRS2019.
As a result of this I have spent months awaiting a remedy from N3V.
I have over the past year tried everything my self to remedy the situation.
I did recognise that my Desktop PC was having issues, even after upgrading to a NVIDIA RTX4060 video card.
Finally thinking it was my PC I took the plunge and ordered a new PC.
Here is the spec.
Video card NVIDIA RTX4060 plus

I have this morning disabled the Audio and attempted to run a session continues to CTD.
Note that this is my own route and session which was started with TRS2004, it worked fine with subsequent versions until Christmas 2022 When TRS2022 was loaded.

Does anyone else have any ideas how to achieve a working solution?

I do intend to submit another request, my original one is [#JCC-734-16774]:
I need to log the issues with more description of my game actions.
You did not specify which sound drivers you installed. If you use the drivers automatically installed by the OS, then there may be problems with games,
because the OS does not install the full package of drivers, but only the most necessary ones for the system to work.
I have Windows 11 and also a Gigabyte motherboard. I've been playing a bunch of games since the 1990s to the modern ones.
To avoid problems with games, I always install the full driver package from here:

or if that doesn't help then from here, it's for your motherboard.:

I didn't see what kind of graphics card you have.
This is a general guide for installing audio and video drivers:
You need to download the full audio and video driver packages, then turn off the Internet so that the system does not slip something of its own again.
Then remove the audio and video drivers installed by the system and then install the full video and audio driver packages.

Last edited:
I only fired up the completely new PC for the first time 4 days ago.
Refer to the line above the PC spec.
My audio is 6.0.9503.1
I believe that I have one more chance to fix the issue.
My Logetech K850/M720 Keyborad Mouse combination is playing up even after updating Software.
This has been going on for a while now.
Do not know what else to do after this.

My audio is 6.0.9503.1
My Logetech K850/M720 Keyborad Mouse combination is playing up even after updating Software.
Oh, I always don't see the obvious, now I've seen it - Video card NVIDIA RTX4060 plus.
You need to download the full driver package for all Realtek audio cards:
https://www.station-drivers.com/ind...)-Version-R2.8x-(9239.1)-WHQL-(2)/lang,en-gb/
And a complete driver package for your video card:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/221745/en-us/
Then turn off the Internet and install all it, as I have already described above.
That's all for now and write about the results afterwards.

EDIT: We need to install DirectX End-User Runtimes: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
The Windows 10/11 has only DirectX 12 by default, and the game is written in earlier DirectX versions that are not in the system.

Last edited:
Realtek has not released audio drivers for end users since 2017, it latest. This may have caused a malfunction.
Download audio drivers from the Lenovo website and install it. Another option, I have been using it for several years, is to download latest from this specialized site. Unpack and run setup.exe:

If these options do not work, then we will try to determine the ID of your audio card and, taking this into account, try to find the necessary drivers.
Hey, sorry for the late update! I'm happy to report that this fixed it!! Thank you so much, I seriously appreciate everyone's help in this year long process!

My audio is 6.0.9503.1
you might have been Hacked and have a more serious problem on your hands then you think you have... Unless You have older keyboard and mouse and that sometimes will play a huge role in how a computer works. When buying a New PC it is Recommended to buy new keyboard Mouse speakers headphones/headset and anything else that you use to play the game if not you will have the problems you mentioned in the original post...

I have replaced the keyboard and mouse.
I have also made various adjustments to my session(s).
All to no avail.
I now believe that my route/sessions have an issue.
Built in sessions run ok.
My final investigation now relates to
- since TRS2019, when my route session were running ok, and the implementation of TRS2020 editions what limitations have been put in place to ensure that the game runs OK.
- do any of these limitation include
- number of locomotives in session
- number of triggers
- number of carriages in session
- anything else one might consider
As may be observed from my new PC spec. I have the latest generation of components.

I have replaced the keyboard and mouse.
I have also made various adjustments to my session(s).
All to no avail.
I now believe that my route/sessions have an issue.
Built in sessions run ok.
My final investigation now relates to
- since TRS2019, when my route session were running ok, and the implementation of TRS2020 editions what limitations have been put in place to ensure that the game runs OK.
- do any of these limitation include
- number of locomotives in session
- number of triggers
- number of carriages in session
- anything else one might consider
As may be observed from my new PC spec. I have the latest generation of components.
Try Delete Missing Assets on your route. That seems to fix the crashing to the desktop in some cases.

The game crashes, and by crash I mean completely closing itself out entirely, when one of the following occurs from what I've noticed:
-Trains running over 52 MPH enter the field of view.....
I was having this problem in TRS19 and reported it on these forums a few years ago. It was never fixed! So far, I've not seen the same problem in TRS22 (another reason I made the move.)

I was having this problem in TRS19 and reported it on these forums a few years ago. It was never fixed! So far, I've not seen the same problem in TRS22 (another reason I made the move.)
There was an audio driver change in TRS22 that hasn't been applied to TRS19. X-Audio I think it's called.

Back