- Mexico - Ferrocarril de Altas Montañas (FdAM)

Thanks man! Got some new stuff tho...at least a bit. Also, the route objective changed quite a bit in the last few days after discussing with my project partners. The FdAM is now kind of a mountainous Panama Canal Railway, running from the Gulf Coast Harbor up the coastal range to the high plateau and down again on the other side to a pacific harbor, which should give a whole new concept for our intermodal traffic. Can't wait to get more of that done :)

2024-02-10-104307.jpg

2024-02-09-214523.jpg

2024-02-09-211132.jpg

Not a problem, every time I am looking at your screenshots it just has inspired me to build my own railroad just as nicely as yours, marvelous job.

I'm still trying to do the best i can, but i'm not as good as i used to be. Getting old, i lost my time & patience for it i guess, mostly rush stuff these days or disappear for months. You'll probably surpass me in quality one day, if you haven't already 😂😉

I'm still trying to do the best i can, but i'm not as good as i used to be. Getting old, i lost my time & patience for it i guess, mostly rush stuff these days or disappear for months. You'll probably surpass me in quality one day, if you haven't already 😂😉
Nah, I'm still learning, the only thing I am getting better at is assigning road names to steam engines, but railroad building is a different can of worms, but I do agree with you on having tolerance, from what I have just seen of your railroad, it is far more amazing than what I can come up with, but don't give up, that's talent and truly a work of art.

Last edited:
Man, that looks amazing, I like how the water looks, if that does not scream industrial, then I don't know what is.

45 car Automotive Test Train down the hill today! You need to keep the brakes applied at around 6-10psi, managing speed with the dynamics. Brakes can be recharged when passing sidings as they are level - or close to it usually. At 25mph max it is practical to keep the brakes dragging in real life as well

2024-03-04-225440.jpg

2024-03-04-230506.jpg

2024-03-04-225929.jpg

2024-03-04-230949.jpg

2024-03-04-222831.jpg

2024-03-04-222416.jpg

2024-03-04-223136.jpg

Looking great, I agree with you, any area where the railroad runs, that involves hills and other challenging terrain, it's a good idea to have the brakes to help slow the train down, might have to try that myself but with steam engines and air brakes.

Last edited:
Back