Trainz Plus 116912 ready for testing

Switchblades still missing (here "Beloreck - South Ural Mountains", anywhere on the route).

mrc12z.jpg

Ok, I have completely cleared out all of the Trainz Builds and installed the Build116492 and I am amazed at how very very smooth the fps is with this build.

So Smooth that it is hard to control the movement around the Test Map, had to slow down my compass.
No more hard hits on the fps when un paused. I am reluctant to install the latest update and see what happens as I am worried that it will cause the fps hits again. Maps that were save at build 5.1 do not work in this build 116492, luckily I did not save anything important to go back to.

Being that I am a Beta Tester, I will need to do the update and reply back here on what happens.
Cheers.

You forgot to mention it is now Trainz Build 5.1.

That Trainz Build 5.1 thing is going to be a nuisance for any of us that are presently building routes. So what happens when the beta becomes retail Trainz Plus+? That could be a deal breaker for me at least.

That Trainz Build 5.1 thing is going to be a nuisance for any of us that are presently building routes. So what happens when the beta becomes retail Trainz Plus+? That could be a deal breaker for me at least.

I understand your concern.

I wonder if Build 5.x is going to be the starting build for TRS22 and TRS-Plus ends at Build 5.0

So far so good, used the offline installer, however running out of disk space, it's on a 500GB SSD so am awaiting delivery of a 1TB SSD.

So far so good, used the offline installer, however running out of disk space, it's on a 500GB SSD so am awaiting delivery of a 1TB SSD.

You will Love your new SSD as they are much better for loading times and other performance improvements.
I have 4x 500 gig SSDs in Raid-0, that gives me about 1.8 terabytes, and it is getting up there also with all of the other Games and asset local folders that I have.
Cheers.

I have now installed the latest build 116919 and all the fps issues are back and running very poor again.
This build has severe issues as this is not the case with the original 2022 that I just tested and was great.
This new build stutters so bad that is is not usable in the state that it is in.
I need to go back to the other version as this new one will not let me test the Steam Locos that I am working on.
I hope that the Dev's will find the issue, as they always do, just takes time.
Cheers.

Last edited:
... Schwaninger Land - First Look:
Trainz Plus users can now take their first drive of the shiny new ICE 4 high speed trains in this superb new German route.
You can now download the betatest version in Content Store by searching for betatest:1029 in the purchased tab.
Note that there is a derailment at the end of session ICE 517 and a couple of other minor issues we're still working on.
There will most likely be an update tomorrow if you want to save download allowance. ...

Searching "betatest:1029" or anything like "1029", "beta", etc., returns no result.

I second this :confused: Besides having been a Trainz Plus member for awhile, my TRS22 was purchased outright. [Rebooted Trainz Plus two times.] All else works fine, however... for now that is :hehe:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12 Core,
NVIDIA 10GB GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB RAM,
Two 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD's (1 Trainz dedicated),

Win10

patching failed, I'm on build no. 116492, tried again but same result, help please and thanks.

Updates:

1. When creating a new image for Scrapbook, entering a name for it does not save if forever, as mentioned in the instruction manual.
>>
Do you mean using Ctrl-C to make a new scrapbook, then renaming it? Seems fine here. Or do you mean it is not pinned forever? There was a bug about this, so if it is still happening, please submit a bug report including each step you take to save, and at what stage the name is not saved (or reverts to an early name). When renaming, check in Content Manager to verify the asset name has changed.

2. Running Winter Express Westbound. Ctrl/rgt click on train for details. Works fine for engines, only blank window shows up when clicking on passenger cars.
>>
Repro noted - thanks for the report.

3. You forgot to mention it is now Trainz Build 5.1.
>>
I did forget. Now updated. Thanks

4. the buildnumber should only change when the route format really changes.
>>
It only changes when it needs to change. It's not just routes, but all content that is affected. In this case, it needs to change due to some configuration issues and important validation updates (to assist content creators to better identify problems in their content).

5. Switchblades still missing (here "Beloreck - South Ural Mountains", anywhere on the route).
>>
Can you confirm if you are running in "Maximum performance" mode? If so, change to Max Compatibility mode. (There is an open task to update the legacy data issues with these assets).

6. patching failed, I'm on build no. 116492
>>
Without knowing the error, it's hard to help. If you manually updated any files you need to revert to the original files before patching. The alternative is to use the installer (link in the OP).

7. betatest:1029 missing
>>
Sorry, there was a configuration error on our end. Now fixed.

Jeff - regarding your stuttering, clearly there is a problem. Can you provide more information and can other people confirm if they are seeing anything like this also.

1. When you create a new route, does the issue occur?
2. Does it happen equally in Driver and Surveyor Classic and S20?
3. If you hide the UI (F5) does it still occur?

1. When creating a new image for Scrapbook, entering a name for it does not save if forever, as mentioned in the instruction manual.
>>
Do you mean using Ctrl-C to make a new scrapbook, then renaming it? Seems fine here. Or do you mean it is not pinned forever? There was a bug about this, so if it is still happening, please submit a bug report including each step you take to save, and at what stage the name is not saved (or reverts to an early name). When renaming, check in Content Manager to verify the asset name has changed.

>>

I highlight the objects I want to save to the Scrapbook. I then Ctrl-C them to the Scrapbook. Initially it is saved as a long number. I delete the number and put in my own name. I was under the impression, maybe incorrectly, that if I hit "enter" this would make the screenshot permanent. I can make it permanent by hitting the thumbtack symbol - maybe this is the only way to make it permanent.

In many of the other operations, like setting rotation for example, you must hit "enter" to make the entry stick. So, it would appear that there is a lack of consistency here - or maybe I am just plan confused.

regarding your stuttering, clearly there is a problem. Can you provide more information, and can other people confirm if they are seeing anything like this also.

>>

Perhaps I don't fully understand the issue, but I don't see any stuttering in either surveyor or driver in build 116912. Everything appears to run as in build 116492 and TRS19. I have tested routes that contain over 500 baseboards and single baseboards. All my legacy routes and newly created routes appear OK. Some of my legacy routes date back to TRS2004 days - with updates of course.

its simply not handy if TRS22 has 5.1 and TRS19SP5 has 5.0
that means routes saved in TRS22 cannot be used in TRS19

Had a beta test run of Schwaninger land
6.2gb that's more than an entire dvd... took 14minute
2 missing items, <kuid:175455:101307> and <kuid:175455:101309>
both by 22alpha, not going to install another DLC for just these 2
wish they were packaged with the route or on the DLS

Lovely work from Mathias/3dzug, this route alone is worth to get TRS22

-did not understand the first session could not start the train
it had exclamation marks above all cars
-made my own session driving from south east to north west
-platforms are not named at the big station south east AJS----etc
-could only drive max 235, the train can go 250 I think
-saw many wiggling japanese tourist people?
-found an industry not connected to the mainline
-very nice made ICE4, with nice cab
-fun the light goes on in tunnels
-changing to internal view in a wagon always show an empty carriage even if loaded full (like msts)
to be continued..

Last edited:
Tony the best way to show it would be to Stream it on Screen share on Discord.
I will be on Discord tomorrow all day if you would like to see it on Discord?

I was talking and screen sharing with John Citron and he saw it also. He suggested that maybe it was a caching issue, and to clear my shader folder, and I did and that did not fix the issue. Build 116492 runs very smooth, but not this Build 116912, I do not want to purchase a newer Video card for this build. John Citron's runs good to with the 116912 but he has the 3080 Video card.

It is not only the Map that is Stuttering, it also does it in the Surveyor Route and session Menu when scrolling back and forth to choose a route. When I slide the slider right or left it hard hangs. The older 2022 was very smooth sliding across back and forward to see other routes.

What is weird is that others with 3070 and 3080 Video Cards are not having this issue, my GTX 1080 worked very good with the older versions of Trainz until this one.

The answer to your questions.
---------------------------------
Does it Stutter in booth Surveyor and S20=yes
Does it Stutter when I hide the Menu=yes
Does it Stutter in a new Test Map=yes
When Paused=no Stutters, is smooth
In the first load up- Route & Session selection Menu=yes

Cheers and Thanks for the replies.

Last edited:
"What is weird is that others with 3070 and 3080 Video Cards are not having this issue, my GTX 1080 worked very good with the older versions of Trainz until this one.
Cheers and Thanks for the replies."

>>

I ran several of my routes in TRS19, TRS2022 build 116912, and TRS2022 build 116912 and checked the CPU and GPU usage. In all three cases they were the same, which would seem to indicate that the newest build version is not putting any additional strain on the processors.

You may want to test the usage on your GTX 1080 to see if you get different results on the different builds.

The game crashed for me in S20 when trying to rename an effect layer:

1. Created an effect layer
2. Painted something
3. Right-clicked on the effect name in "Layers" tab
4. Selected "Rename layer"
5. The game exited

I tried to report a bug in https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu but it turns out that build 116912 is not on the list - could you add it :) ? If you need, I have secured the crashdump file.

More feedback:

1. Missing deps - these are installed when I downloaded. The route installed is <kuid2:661281:200040:7> Schwaninger Land
Does anyone else have these two items missing?
<kuid:175455:101307> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Engine House
<kuid:175455:101309> JR Diamond River Mining Co. Gen Warehouse

2. Derailment at the start of the session - again, not happening here. I'd uninstall and reinstall the package.

3. Platform people - there are a couple of open bugs in about them (including the red carpet)

4. Jeff - stuttering.
>>
Try a prebuild - Developer > Run Trainzutil command > prebuild > enter (and wait for the precaching process to complete)
Try different graphics drivers.
Check any Geforce settings.
Try changing Vsync half/full/none to see if any difference

5. Jeff - I will be on Discord tomorrow all day if you would like to see it on Discord?
>>
I'll see if I can jump on but unlikely I can help. We really need to find the variable that makes your system perform differently.

6. One I missed earlier - Installer shows as TANE. We couldn't reproduce this. Please confirm you used the online installer from this link
http://dl1.n3vgames.com/Installers/TRS22/Beta/TRS22-Beta-Online-Installer-116912.exe
and chose Trainz Plus Beta to install. (An older installer would not have worked correctly).

7. The game crashed for me in S20 when trying to rename an effect layer:
>>
Could not repro here - are you able to get this consistently? Does it matter which effect you create? Does the name matter? Can you repro on a blank map?

8. Bug report number not showing - I think there may be a bug with the Typeform as some people see the numbers and some people don't. (We've had reports that include the number so it must be working.) Perhaps try Ctrl-F5 to refresh the cache.

Last edited:
By the way, why doesn't it work when pressing Retry?

I had exactly the same problem and message and this was on a brand new computer straight out of the the box with Windows 11 installed. Before running the patch I successfully installed TRS19 SP4 from the offline installer.

I restarted the launcher, and restarted the patch download and install process. This time it worked.

Last edited:
I can confirm that Schwaninger Land Session ICE 177 is derailed at start.
I did a prebuild and re-install problem still exists.

Back