Australian screenshots

Hi all. Just a couple of mine.
Cheers, Baz.
2683496a656b2471a4c2c2301bfce94c.jpg

4b82c03d7ee90b71b37068d15e293d11.jpg

43861b8e9bc44681489285267f54fdb8.jpg

a8335b1bce1ec087c8e46cdfb9643f41.jpg

Nice shots Baz, really like the way you've done the town. Much better at roads than I can do. Hopefully after 3 reinstalls of windows and trainz I'll be back up and running tomorrow.
cheers
Graeme.

Nice shots Baz, really like the way you've done the town. Much better at roads than I can do. Hopefully after 3 reinstalls of windows and trainz I'll be back up and running tomorrow.
cheers
Graeme.

Hi Graeme, thanks mate. I appreciate any feedback, good or bad, it's how we learn. Sorry to hear your still having problems, hope it goes well, looking forward to seeing some more great shots.
Did your computer handle the upgrade to TANE ok? I've been reluctant to upgrade in case mine won't cope, although it certainly handles TS12 ok. Even with heavy scenery like Rochester, except for that lag every now and then, but i think everybody gets that. It's a flaw in TS12 i think or at least i hope that's what it is.
Cheers, Baz.

Hi Baz, touch wood, everything seems fine this time. The moment of truth will come this arvo when I get into the game. TANE is usually fine on my PC and funnily enough, I had TANE before I got TS12. I'm now counting the months until I can get access to my Superannuation and get a new PC.
cheers,
Graeme.

Hi Baz, touch wood, everything seems fine this time. The moment of truth will come this arvo when I get into the game. TANE is usually fine on my PC and funnily enough, I had TANE before I got TS12. I'm now counting the months until I can get access to my Superannuation and get a new PC.
cheers,
Graeme.

Nice one mate, good to hear. Hope all goes well this arvo. That being the case my computer may handle TANE then. Can anyone else tell me whether TANE needs a much better unit than TS12, or are they similar in requirements?
Cheers,
Baz.

Hi Ozzmo,
How do you find the patience to make the towns look so good?
I find after getting the track reasonable and trains can run that I just want to fill in the rest of the boards with something not too monotonous. I don't always succeed at that!
Anyway its great to see some new Aussie work in progress
Tom

Hi Ozzmo,
How do you find the patience to make the towns look so good?
I find after getting the track reasonable and trains can run that I just want to fill in the rest of the boards with something not too monotonous. I don't always succeed at that!
Anyway its great to see some new Aussie work in progress
Tom

Hi Tom, thank you. Nothing wrong with your shots mate, keep them coming. That one is still not quite finished yet, I've still got to do the west part of the town. Your right, it does test your patience, but I enjoy it and it's all about learning as you go.
I only wish I had got involved a long time ago. I'm behind the times and trying to catch up, so any compliments or criticism along the way from the more experienced guys help. Hence the HD textures etc was great.
Cheers mate,
Baz.

Tomtre
When i do towns i might take a few days work on them a little at a time, then go off and o other things on the map i take little bites out of the towns that way it does not get frustrating or boring. Not always easy.

Cowan Bank

'Cowan Bank' is a project I have started in 2016. The intention is to capture how the bank was worked in the mid 1950s, when standard goods engines were stationed at Hawkesbury River to assist up goods and passenger trains. In particular, the activities of the signalmen at Cowan and Hawkesbury River will be illustrated in sessions where the players are signalmen.
So far I have created and released on the DLS the track and the mainline signals. I have just completed the main assets of Hawkesbury River station (platform, main building and footbridge), and the following images show these assets in place on my route.

Looking S from top of footbridge steps onto the platform.
1488f7f20f3f3bcec580609d367f0281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking N from the Down Refuge, with the sign-on room and signal box at the near (Sydney) end of the station building.
888c670446bf95ef69c6c01ae733e4db.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looking S from the Up Main near the ticket barrier. Note the Up building awning curves with the track and platform edge. The Down awning is straight.
33e96e77035a2d3178fc397bea32fd29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Close up of the Down side steps that served a wharf for small boats heading or arriving from the West.
8d55425741e927ec9217dea8ed6cd385.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The N end of the Down station building and the ticket barrier.
e3a3dd5630c71aa1a95bb841c9d8801b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Side-on shot of the Up side of the station building. The stained-glass above windows and doors is today obscured by ugly security mesh.
305a5e511271021419a258c9a81372d1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
ElStoko, that is looking pretty good already, and I am very excited to see the finished product, especially given your previous work!
Keep it up!

Incredible detail mate. Your attention to detail is what will make this project a fine piece of work. Keep up the screenshots so we can see your progress.

Cheers, Roy3b3

taggy, rexhunt and Roy3b3, thanks for your encouragement.
Probably be another 3 months of part-time modelling before I have something worthwhile to show.

Tom, thanks for the new X classes. I will be giving them a run in the morning, now that all the PC dramas appear to be over and now have a working copy of TANE. Had to reinstall windows and Trainz 6 times before I finally found that it must have been the offline SP1 that was the culprit ( fingers crossed real hard) At least I have almost everything I need reinstalled now.
Baz, Rochester looks a picture. What roads are you using? They look fantastic.
Cheers,
Graeme.

Tom, thanks for the new X classes. I will be giving them a run in the morning, now that all the PC dramas appear to be over and now have a working copy of TANE. Had to reinstall windows and Trainz 6 times before I finally found that it must have been the offline SP1 that was the culprit ( fingers crossed real hard) At least I have almost everything I need reinstalled now.
Baz, Rochester looks a picture. What roads are you using? They look fantastic.
Cheers,
Graeme.

Hi Graeme, thanks mate. Glad to see your up and running again. I'm on the road for a couple of days so i'll check when i get back, but i think they're all pretty much what came with TS12. Will let you know.
Cheers, Baz.

Back