Help attaching mesh to locomotive (Large pics)

TheRichMan

Meh-Tra
Im trying to add a ditchlights mesh onto a locomotive, but how do I do that? I'm taking the mesh from another locomotive that had them as an attachment.
I took the IM file, the .texture file, and the actual texture file. I pasted it in the locomotives body file and put it as an mesh_body mesh in content creator. I keep on getting this error, and I think I know why. I don't have the ditch lights mesh attachment on the actual locomotive itself. How do I do that? I know how to the use PEVs thing, but what name would I use? This is extremely confusing, so here's some pics. :'(
Pictures removed, first problem solved.

Last edited:
2_zps4d027a0b.png
1_zps2dc4ea97.png

See, the ditch lights are loaded, but they're too far back.
1_zps6fda9a6f.png

If I can access the file where this is, I can move the attachment forward and therefore have the ditch lights in the correct position.​

There is a "position" tag that lets you move the position of a mesh relative to its attachment point.

Mick Berg.

Thanks! I know, I found that right before you posted. I was looking at the Erecting hall website and found the fixing with hack. The fp45 section had that part. I got it working now thanks!

1_zpsa54f72c4.png

I got the ditch lights on and working, but they wont flash and they stay on all the time. Even with lights off. I'm using the jointed rail one.

Back