UK London (includes Underground) Shots

Nij

Hi
I have been toying with a small tribute to London, without being too accurate, but including a short underground (end to end) line and a Mainline Station.

Here are a few shots in a couple of successive posts - please feel free to add more shots from your own London or LUL routes as I know there are quite a few Undrground fans out there.

Above ground first........

Westminster.jpg

WestminsterBridge.jpg

and take the Escalator down to the LUL Station

EscalatorB.jpg

Here is the Platform

ArrivalB.jpg

More from the Platforms

Arrival.jpg

Getting on the Train

DoorsOpen.jpg

Riding in the Carriage

CarriageView.jpg

Drive the Train .........................

CabView.jpg

Through the tunnels.....

InTunnell.jpg

Over the points.......

Junctionl.jpg

Into the Station....

PlatformEndl.jpg

Back on the Surface.......

EscalatorA.jpg

And off to the Mainline Station...

MainLineStnA.jpg

MainLineStnC.jpg

MainLineStnB.jpg

Thanks for looking - I hope you like - Nij

Just thought that I would input, the signs should have the station name, instead of Underground.

Thanks Bhorton - I realised that the signs should say the station name but went for a generic "Underground" as I didn't want to reflect any particular station (plus the building says "South Wimbledon") - That's why I said at the top of the thread it is not too accurate but a kind of "tribute".

Thanks for looking - Nij

Nice shots there and very nice looking route!
Will you be uploading to DLS or ?

Regards,
Reece

Hi Reece

Thanks for looking in - I don't think I could release this to the DLS as there is sooooooo much custom content - some of which may not be available there - Sorry - it is just for my satisfaction at this stage, and the most pleasing thing has been working on the two levels.

Looking forward to seeing some of your route as it unfolds - doo keep up the great work - Nij

You can still upload to the DLS, just make sure you have links or directions to the custom content in the route description. Uploading a route does not upload a copy of the content; rather, it creates a link from the route to the content so that other users can locate and modify it separately.

At present I am carefully crafting the A Stock: the trailer is set, but it is no good without the motor.

motorcarinprogress.jpg

The "ath" speech bubble indicates that it will also be used on Athens Metro line 1 in addition to the Met' line, but I think it's pretty much an in-joke about whether they could last as long as the La Brugeoise cars on the Subte. Actually, the Breathtaking Athens "ath" speech bubble is just as solid as I♥NY.

At present I am carefully crafting the A Stock: the trailer is set, but it is no good without the motor.

The "ath" speech bubble indicates that it will also be used on Athens Metro line 1 in addition to the Met' line, but I think it's pretty much an in-joke about whether they could last as long as the La Brugeoise cars on the Subte. Actually, the Breathtaking Athens "ath" speech bubble is just as solid as I♥NY.

AMAZING WORK!

It looks so real. truly amazing! Could you please keep us up-to-date on this?
Keep up the good work!

Kind Regards,
Reece

Last edited:
Unfortunately, there is always a tradeoff between quality and performance with regards to Trainz assets. Low-res assets render faster, while beautiful high-res assets such as that LUL carriage may harm framerates.

Unfortunately, there is always a tradeoff between quality and performance with regards to Trainz assets. Low-res assets render faster, while beautiful high-res assets such as that LUL carriage may harm framerates.

Since this is a traincar, ie a locomotive, it's acceptable for it to have a high poly count. And I'm sure the author will include at least a couple of levels of LOD.
It is indeed a fine piece of work.
Mick Berg.

Thanks Bhorton - I realised that the signs should say the station name but went for a generic "Underground" as I didn't want to reflect any particular station (plus the building says "South Wimbledon") - That's why I said at the top of the thread it is not too accurate but a kind of "tribute".

Thanks for looking - Nij

That's fine but I would suggest you change the text to capitals. It really does not look good in lower case.

Otherwise very nice.
Mick Berg.

Hats off to the creator - 321 - This looks a fabulous addition to the LUL collection.

Some of my favourite rolling stock will always be the detailed items and they are well worth the additional polys.

I cant wait to see the finished items. YES PLEASE - do keep us posted.

Nij

I haven't been to London in a while (thanks George Bush) but come to think of it, I'm sure there are instances of the LU sign having just the word "Underground" on it.

Mick Berg.

Back