Driver control devices

KenGreen

While deliberating whether or not to spend £150 on a Raildriver I started searching for mapping files for joysticks and other control devices as the price still seems steep. I Then looked in my TRS2006 installation and found the Driver Keyboard file. Straight away I noticed that virtually all of the keys were assigned to the numeric keys (all except emergency brake) I'd never noticed this before as in TRS2006 I was using a laptop. As I have a Logitech wireless numeric keypad I can now use this, as although the numeric keypad on a desktop PC can be used it's not as convenient as a small remote device.
I thought this info might be useful to others especially laptop users.

Ken

While deliberating whether or not to spend £150 on a Raildriver I started searching for mapping files for joysticks and other control devices as the price still seems steep. I Then looked in my TRS2006 installation and found the Driver Keyboard file. Straight away I noticed that virtually all of the keys were assigned to the numeric keys (all except emergency brake) I'd never noticed this before as in TRS2006 I was using a laptop. As I have a Logitech wireless numeric keypad I can now use this, as although the numeric keypad on a desktop PC can be used it's not as convenient as a small remote device.
I thought this info might be useful to others especially laptop users.

Ken

While Raildriver is a little expensive, I love mine and don't run either Trainz or World of Subways 3 without it. It adds so much to Trains, all the controls are right at your fingertips. The construction of the Raildriver is top notch, it won't slide around your desk top or wherever you place it.. I give it 5 stars.....

I've had a gaming keypad installed since 06 that I use all the time. One hand on the mouse, the other on the game pad. :wave:

Dean
What gaming keypad do you use and how did you configure the keys to work?

A numeric keypad is used for easy entry of numbers into spreadsheets especially on laptops where no keypad is available.

Ken

Last edited:
Back