Railworks

M00se

Gotta have metrolink!!!
ive seen alot of youtube videos and the creators of the videos say they got some of the content from Jointed Rail for Railworks 3 Trainz Simulator 2012 and i wanted to know if Jointed Rail's content can really be used in Railworks 3 Trainz Simulator 2012

here is an example of one of theories

No. Long story short, the Railworks folks stole the name "Trains Simulator 2012" (TS2012)*. I'm sure a lot of people buy RW thinking it is Trainz 12, and one even posts to the forums from time to time, but they are completely different and the content is not interchangeable.

*(Side note: One of the third-party sellers of Trainz apparently co-opted the name "Railway Simulator Powered by Trainz 12", so it kind of went both ways. "Rail Simulator" was the original name of Railworks.)

Who knows, maybe you could ask Jointed Rail directly on their website. Their content seems to work just fine here.

Cheers

AJ

No. Long story short, the Railworks folks stole the name "Trains Simulator 2012" (TS2012)
It may have went both ways as in your note, but didn't we see the words "Trains Simulator 2012" (TS2012) before Trainz?

But every time you see that name, you think it a Trainz version.

Last edited:
We had at one point done a locomotive or two for Railworks and it was available for some time, but we subsequently decided we would no longer pursue the Railworks add-ons direction after a site rebuild last year and as such that part was taken down. Some people may still have those few items working without a problem and they were good.

It's not as easy as just importing stuff from the Trainz series so its not something were currently looking at restarting. I believe I answered an email just this morning about this.

No. Long story short, the Railworks folks stole the name "Trains Simulator 2012" (TS2012)*. I'm sure a lot of people buy RW thinking it is Trainz 12, and one even posts to the forums from time to time, but they are completely different and the content is not interchangeable.

*(Side note: One of the third-party sellers of Trainz apparently co-opted the name "Railway Simulator Powered by Trainz 12", so it kind of went both ways. "Rail Simulator" was the original name of Railworks.)

These sorta look alike:

61X5YVN9YCL._AA300_.jpg

51z8Na7270L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Not sayin' that is intentional just sayin'

Harold

Back