Trouble switching directions.

mity22

Hi all. I have a problem on my Subway route when I get to the end of the line and want to turn round I cannot change directions it never seems to work?. Can any one help.:confused:

Are there two driving cars on the subway train? I had a similar problem with a two cabbed locomotive, where I had to go from cab view to chase view, then click on the other end of the locomotive and then go back into cab view.

Are there two driving cars on the subway train? I had a similar problem with a two cabbed locomotive, where I had to go from cab view to chase view, then click on the other end of the locomotive and then go back into cab view.

With subway cars, the rear cab must be reversed in Surveyor so that the driver's cab faces the outside of the vehicle.

Thanks ill check their are 2 cabs one at each end of the 10 car train ill check it and see if it is facing out.

You might want to use movetoloco command but use stop train command first. Movetoloco command give you a list of all the loco's on the session knowing the loco you want the driver to move to. When i have to do what you want to do i gave these commands,(stop,change drirection,movetoloco drive to next station)the train is headed in the right direction and the driver changes loco and proceese to next station.
stop train <kuid:131986:1020>
movetoloco <kuid:131986:1007>
change direction command <kuid:71155:60010>

mity22, you might also want to try Run Around Ex by nicroman 2:117667:83:2 which unlike the usual Run Around command does not result in the locomotive running around its train but makes the driver change ends of a multiple unit train.

Ok thanks for all the info one final question how do you action the command the one above I downloaded it just now?

Well I found a way by pressing a different key on my PC the x key it makes the train change direction the annoying things the driver stays at the original end so it looks funny.

Have you tried also clicking on the other end of the train?

The internal/cab view depends on which loco/traincar you have selected.

mity22, to use Run Around Ex add the command to the list of commands in the session editor then in game add it like any other command after loading/unloading/terminating passenger train at the final station where you want the train to change direction. The driver will automatically move to the other end of the train and clicking on the picture of the driver in the driver list will move youe view to the other end of the train.

I think its a case of some trains seem to be easier than others I find on locos it seems works right away but with the subway trains its harder never mind ill crack it.

Back