Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

GN1996_20121026_0000.jpg

NP Z-4 class number 4500 with its loaded coal train waits at the summit while its empty counterpart struggles up the hill. Not-so-suprisingly, the 4500 had twice the weight of the RS11's in its train, but had half the trouble climbing the pass. Many of the crews complained that diesels would be no match for the Z-4 class locos on this pass.

GN1996_20121026_0000.jpg

NP Z-4 class number 4500 with its loaded coal train waits at the summit while its empty counterpart struggles up the hill. Not-so-suprisingly, the 4500 had twice the weight of the RS11's in its train, but had half the trouble climbing the pass. Many of the crews complained that diesels would be no match for the Z-4 class locos on this pass.

Nice!, can I ask you where did you get tracks and ballast from?

Thanks! The track is content from the author "jmann" on the DLS.

Track (Jointed Rail) <kuid:77174:100379>
Track (Welded Rail) <kuid2:77174:100303:1>
Ballast_Grey <kuid:77174:100300>

If you do an author search for jmann, you will find a few other things as well which are also quite nice. There is some bridge track and a pair of grade crossing signals that are pretty nice.

Last edited:
Since we are having fun with 2-8-8-2s

flyboy559201207060000.jpg

Rio Grande 3504 leads a heavy uphill drag towards Moffat tunnel between storms on a winter day. Not seen is, 45 cars to the rear, another locomotive working just as hard.

They Darkened the Sun

"Once, long ago, they darkened the sun."

f21c0f66c7a610b3b96e181685ccf679.jpg

(Said of passenger pigeons, now extinct.)

[Model is in final testing - don't ask!]

Close enough?

Yankee Clipper? :hehe:

Nice I-5 PWeiser. Converted from MSTS or scratch?

Any other New Haven steam projects?

-D.C.

@jacksonbarno,UPbigboy - All from scratch - glad it's close enough to be recognized. That's probably the Merchants', though the consist isn't exact and you wouldn't see it under steam power and under wire at the same time very much. I've reskinned some other steamers for personal use, even found ways to give them arched cab windows, but they're fiddled in ways that make them non-uploadable.

In the meantime, don't want to rush the test pilot. ;)

Back