Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Those aren't yet released to my knowledge...They're his newest project, so they're most likely going through testing while some of the details get worked out. When they're ready there will probably be a thread in the Freeware Announcements.

Those aren't yet released to my knowledge...They're his newest project, so they're most likely going through testing while some of the details get worked out. When they're ready there will probably be a thread in the Freeware Announcements.

Correct. Im currently finishing up textures for the tender. Then I need to rebake all the wheels and bogeys and reanimate the drive wheels. Then it goes into beta testing (already have beta testers). These will be released after our new site is up for TBS.

Correct. Im currently finishing up textures for the tender. Then I need to rebake all the wheels and bogeys and reanimate the drive wheels. Then it goes into beta testing (already have beta testers). These will be released after our new site is up for TBS.

Just a quick question, what do you mean by "baked"? Is it like baking clay so it can harden?

Just a quick question, what do you mean by "baked"? Is it like baking clay so it can harden?
Yes and no. Baking is, in the broadest sense, a way of codifying a certain process so that it does not have to be re-processed each time. Therefore "baked" models have 3D-rendered effects such as ambient occlusion permanently applied to them, and don't need those effects to be re-processed (This is why a model with baked ambient occlusion doesn't take as much processing power as a game with a realtime AO-rendering effect, because the game has to render everything each time whereas a baked model doesn't). It is not so much like baking clay so it can harden but baking clay because you don't need it to be malleable anymore.

Yes and no. Baking is, in the broadest sense, a way of codifying a certain process so that it does not have to be re-processed each time. Therefore "baked" models have 3D-rendered effects such as ambient occlusion permanently applied to them, and don't need those effects to be re-processed (This is why a model with baked ambient occlusion doesn't take as much processing power as a game with a realtime AO-rendering effect, because the game has to render everything each time whereas a baked model doesn't). It is not so much like baking clay so it can harden but baking clay because you don't need it to be malleable anymore.

Oh, okay ​IF THIS 10 CHARACTERS THING ISN'T FIXED, I'M GONNA

Last edited:
White Oak Junction

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Back