Multliplayer UMR Summer TS12

UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Release

Yes, Thanks to neilsmith749 who gave his permission, and to many contributors to list, I have created a MP session for this great map. Were still working out a few small things, but were off to a good start.
Route information can be found at;
http://madmikesradio.net/Trainz/UMR_Home.html
Voice communications with TeamSpeak3. connect at 66.45.231.18
Official Announcement Coming Soon !

LET'S MOVE SOME IRON AROUND TOGETHER :D

Happy Holidays !!
Mike Monti
http://madmikesradio.net

Ran this map for several hours, but noboby joined it. Think this is because i live in Australia it is hard to be on when most are.

The map is very good and i ran the 0-6-0 steamer up to the logging industry and then down to the lumber mills delivering logs and avoiding the mining trains which are constantly on the move, their crews never sleep :).
Anyway i would recommend this session to anyone who likes industry and mainline running.

Error in Map?

Hello, please check the Map, if there is an broken Spline in Bloomfield by Colony MFG. I've found today that the track is not connected with this Industry.

MrHAJO

I just checked and you're right - that spline was disconnected. A common and frustrating problem to say the least. It happens when merging maps. I had just released an updated summer version with better track. Which version is the multiplayer sessions using? For now, we'll just have to not use that industry, as it's not really worth it to re-release it for just one little fix.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so if you notice any more problems, let me know, and I'll get them fixed, and eventually release a completely problem-free (hopefully) route.

Thanks for your patience.

I just checked and you're right - that spline was disconnected. A common and frustrating problem to say the least. It happens when merging maps. I had just released an updated summer version with better track. Which version is the multiplayer sessions using? For now, we'll just have to not use that industry, as it's not really worth it to re-release it for just one little fix.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, so if you notice any more problems, let me know, and I'll get them fixed, and eventually release a completely problem-free (hopefully) route.

Thanks for your patience.

This route is so big it would take an Army of spotters to notice these things.

But the fact that I got to run a train for around 100 miles in a multiplayer session means that things are really moving forward in the Trainz world.

Woo Hoo, Multi player UMR, Who'd a think such thing possible?

No complaints here.

Hi, it's another (older) Problem.

You can't order a AI-Driver to STEEL COIL UNLOADING in Halden because it is OUT TRACK. Thats in all UMR Maps (incl. UMR 2011 and older). If you drive self, you can unload without derailing, but AI-Driver never reached this Industry. The same was on BARTON POWER UTILITY in a older Map, I'm not sure which Map is was.

MrHAJO

Yeah, that's probably true MrHaJO. When an industry is on an end track (ie, a track that doesn't continue anywhere) the AI drivers often won't venture in because it sees no more signals. I've tried to put invisible signals at the end of such tracks, to allow the previous signals to show a caution, but I must have missed that one. My apologies!:wave:

well everything works for now , but how do i join the server shown on madmikes page . when i start the game i can host my own session , but i would like to join a server !

nm , it takes a while for the server to show up but im joined as i speak

Last edited:
You can join a MP-Session im Session-Menu in TS12. If there a green Triangel, then is a MP-Session open and you can join. But it take a while because Network Data loading (ca.15 min.)

Last edited:
You have to down load the following:
UMR-TS12-SUMMER kuid2:95512:100024:5 and
UMR-TS12-SUMMER MultiPlayer Session Ver 1.6 kuid2:69116:100063:2

New Error on Map

Hello,
I've found 3 disconnected Tracks in Gladston, all by MTCE SDG. My Train derailed as i tryed unload Goods by MTCE.

Edit: Exactly is the Coal Tipple not connected.

Last edited:
Hello,
I've found 3 disconnected Tracks in Gladston, all by MTCE SDG. My Train derailed as i tryed unload Goods by MTCE.

Edit: Exactly is the Coal Tipple not connected.

Great - thanks for that. I've corrected it on my machine. Once we figure we've got all the errors fixed, I'll upload it again.

neil

Neil, great route and I have enjoyed it for some time. This route has now become quite popular in the multiplayer community. We would appreciate your release of the fixes as soon as you can. It makes it hard to run effectively with business out of order. There is only so much we can do at the session level to work around the errors. Thanks. Carl

It was working fine but now when I try to play it i am told there are missing dependencies and is not available as a multi player route. frustrated.

It was working fine but now when I try to play it i am told there are missing dependencies and is not available as a multi player route. frustrated.

I've found that too - I've never even tried multiplayer until a day or two ago, and could not get in to any of the sessions, as it had some broken dependencies. One was a built-in (I think) coal hopper, and the other was Maddy's gondola. Not sure if that is the reason why I can't get in to these multiplayer sessions.

I'll send out a new version over the next few days. The only reason I haven't done it sooner is because, invariably, as soon as I do, more errors are found!:hehe: Hopefully we've got most of them fixed. Please let me know if you find anything else that you'd like to see fixed.

I'll post here when it's been uploaded.

Last edited:
Thanks Neil. I am not sure why people are having problems with with the session. There are a lot of us using it. There should be an updated version of the multiplayer session ready for download today or Sunday, thanks to Mike Monti.

Back