HTML asset for sessions tutorial

... but I run into a problem at the point where I must select an HTML asset from a list. My asset is not in the list. Anyone suggest where I am going wrong?

Have you committed the HTML asset you created? Does it show up in CM with errors (apart from a missing thumbnail which can be ignored)?

Sorry, got busy on other things. Have now tried 6 ways from Sunday to get this to work. Eventually I solved all the problems I had encountered before, and I'm fairly adept at running through the sequence as you laid it out. Only problem now is that the window(s) open in Driver with nothing in them (they are blank). My text is ignored. Everything seems good at the asset level (all files are there, including config, image, and .txt files (I have made two, the first a KISS to eliminate html problems; however, I maintain web pages so I am well-versed in html). Here is what is baffling me: The "html" files are really not html files; they are .txt files and I am unable to create them as .html files, even in a good HTML editor. Are these stored as .txt files in the asset folder? Or must they be .html files as the editor in Surveyor wants to list them? And Display HTML Pages and Set UP HTML Pages in editing the session finds the pages; but these are tagged as .html files (if I add the tag, either html or txt I get file.txt.html or file.html.html). There are no .html files in the asset folder, only .txt files of the correct names. Can you check your asset folders and see if the HTML pages are .txt or .html files. I believe this is where I am going wrong, but so far have not found a way to test, as the files resist my changing their type as interpreted by Windows.:eek:

Thanks for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Sourtoe

Last edited:
Sourtoe,

I can assure you that the files are .html files and are stored as .html files in the asset folder. What you describe to me looks like it could be either a configuration problem in your Windows folder display options or a problem with a default setting in your HTML editor. It does not look like a Trainz issue.

The files should be named filename.html with no ".txt" component in their names.

But firstly, what happens when you select one of the filename.txt.html or filename.html.txt files and rename it to filename.html ? Does that file now appear in the HTML Asset list in Surveyor? Also check that it is correctly named as filename.html in the config.txt file - although I have recently discovered that the filename entry, as it appears in the string table of the config.txt file, does NOT have to have the extension ".html" (it could be entered as just "filename") BUT the file itself must be an ".html" file.

Back