The Frisco High Line

The only two businesses in Cliquot. Dave's Cafe and Lawton's Bait Shop.

What? No Walmart Super Store? No Best Buy? No Home Depot or Jiffy Lube or Target?

Stupid town...:hehe:

Seriously though, you have that rural thing down pat, the screens, they are magnifico!

What? No Walmart Super Store? No Best Buy? No Home Depot or Jiffy Lube or Target?

Stupid town...:hehe:

Seriously though, you have that rural thing down pat, the screens, they are magnifico!

Don't worry. I've found great spots for you skins. The Piggly Wiggly comes to mind. I just have to get some details around them before I throw up any screen shots.

C'mon, you know I don't really care about that... just making a little humor! Your route looks great!:D

qXPG3.jpg

Can I please ask the road KUID here??

Jamie

Great Route, And Screenshots Dricketts.

Cool new route, Dricketts. I like how detailed your route is and how it captures the true element of the Saint Louis - San Francisco Railway (FRISCO). The FRISCO is one of my favorite fallen flag railroads of all times, and this route shows that even though the real FRISCO (now part of the BNSF Railway system) is gone, at least the memory of it hasn't escaped the virtual railroad community. I can't wait for the next collection of screenshots pertaining to this great stretch of FRISCO trackage. off-topic: I think BNSF Railway still uses the FRISCO High Line to this day, but then again I could be wrong. If anyone knows the answer, can you send me a personal message about the current status of the FRISCO High Line. Thanks in advance.

Cool new route, Dricketts. I like how detailed your route is and how it captures the true element of the Saint Louis - San Francisco Railway (FRISCO). The FRISCO is one of my favorite fallen flag railroads of all times, and this route shows that even though the real FRISCO (now part of the BNSF Railway system) is gone, at least the memory of it hasn't escaped the virtual railroad community. I can't wait for the next collection of screenshots pertaining to this great stretch of FRISCO trackage. off-topic: I think BNSF Railway still uses the FRISCO High Line to this day, but then again I could be wrong. If anyone knows the answer, can you send me a personal message about the current status of the FRISCO High Line. Thanks in advance.

For all intents and purposes they do not. The BN still made a couple of runs a week from Springfield to Bolivar until 1991 and abandonment. This portion of the Highline is now part of the Rails to Trails program in Missouri. http://www.friscohighlinetrail.org/index.html The BNSF still uses a very small portion of the Highline from Springfield to Willard to service a limestone quarry.

The KCS also still uses a small portion of the old Highline in Grandview, Mo just outside Kansas City, Mo. There are a couple of small industries served here from time to time.

Thanks for the answers Dricketts.

@dricketts Thanks for the answers about the current status of the FRISCO High Line. Now, I know the current status. It's a shame the Burlington Northern Railroad abandoned a good chunk of the High Line, but at least some sections are still in use.

Looks like a typical Midwest summer storm is moving across southwest Missouri.

b5DjT.jpg

TkFb5.jpg

Last edited:
i am a big frisco fan love the frisco diesels that why the only payware i ever bought is frisco gp50
now eagerly waiting for this route to run my only payware gp50 on it along with frisco f7a&b's

Last edited:
And I will be the second, Kamran!

I've lived in and chased trains around Springfield, MO since 1987, so I can say from experience that dricketts has flat out NAILED the essence of small town branch railroading here. Seriously, these screenshots are so awesome that I'm tempted to skip work this morning, hop in the car, and bop on up to Kansas City on Missouri 13 just to see everything in a brand new light.

BRAVO!

Trying the Panoramic Feature on My New Camera...

A Frisco GP50 positions a small 2 bay hopper for loading at the MFA grain elevator in Bolivar, Mo.

bz3a4.jpg

tOjfk.jpg

OkQpg.jpg

zeBNx.jpg

Couldn't resist grabbing a shot of this black and white cat staring me down from under the bumper of that Ford truck.

RXrB5.jpg
s

Some of these pictures made me feel like I'm looking at an actual model railroad. Outstanding. The detail brings it to life.

Back