Railworks 3 to be released in september

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see any problems with "us folks", but you do seem to be trying hard to wind this thread up in each of your posts. Now why would that be.......?

You know why... search for every post about any train sim that is not Trainz, i feel shame about it

You know... i`ve been very quiet during years, reading posts of ignorant people which had no clue of what they where talking about. OK, newbies, that's to forgive, but the so self-called "Trainz Veterans" made me think twice about it. It`s really not worth the effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lemmee take a look;

http://www.trainsim.com/file.php?cm=INDEXCALL&sPos=0

Three routes for railsim, two for railworks, about a hundred reskins and assorted modifications and asset packs that I uploaded, most of which are still being used by railworks players and developers. Do I qualify as " ignorant people which had no clue of what they where talking about" after putting all that work into railsim and railworks?

I understand perfectly your point of view. However, this is not a "us" versus "them" issue, it's more something that speaks to your character, your integrity.

I'll provide the following anecdote that may illustrate my reasoning.

When I was a younger man one evening found me bar hopping with some biker buddies. Everything was wonderful until I was ejected from a tavern after having words with another patron. As we left the property I flourished a vulgar gesture at the bouncers, smug in my belief that I was in the right. Later, one of my friends ten years my junior told me that he was disappointed in my actions, that I embarrassed him and several others. He told me that if I was unhappy with a situation to just move on and preserve my dignity without making a drunken show that no one respects anyway. Wisdom from babes.

I understand perfectly your point of view.

I assume you're either drunk (as I was), or not as wise as this teenager who taught a man 10 years older a lesson. As I was. Drunk doesn't last. Youth doesn't last. Your character is wholly up to you.;)

Well I have Railworks 2 and the upgrade is free, so I think I will have Railworks 3. :)

Doesn't sound as though it is going to be Trainz+ yet, still the competition is healthy.

Don't run on OSX. Tut tut.

Anyway, i would like to get back on topic.
It seems that Railworks is having a huge update, free for Railworks 2 owners.
Like it or not, true railfans will be happy with it.

Hee-hee, again, I won't be happy with it if it's still missing the main ingredient that makes a train simulator a train simulator FOR ME.

As for the ignorance assumptions, same assumption by many railsim/railworks fans about MSTS - all them ignorant luddites should try railworks, they would dump MSTS in a New York minute. The owner of UKtrainsim did a questionnaire asking "Why not Railworks?" a couple years ago, the biggest surprise he got was that the overwhelming majority of the current MSTS developers had actually TRIED railworks and gave it a fair chance, decided it was missing something important that MSTS had, or didn't do it as well as MSTS did, and went back to MSTS.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/index2.php?form_reader=whynotrailworks

Most of that is still the same almost two years later, some of it will be fixed if the announced improvements actually work, but much of it will still be the same.

I agree, there are some fanboyz who never even looked at the competition, but the majority have at least tried a demo.

Either Trainz or Railworks has the potential to take over the market, but from what I'm seeing neither one is trying hard enough to kill MSTS - which should be easy, since the MSTS developers ain't even in the race anymore.

So much competition.

I hope N3V steps up with some nice environmental improvements that are long overdue.

I hope RailWorks 3 doesn't take too much away. I know a few people who won't shut up about RailWorks already. :p Bad enough I'm making stuff in MSTS too now.

Cheers,
Joshua

Wow the new Railworks looks very good but for me. The N3V Team needs to improve trainz a lot. Railworks shows very good content and graphics but doesnt interest me like trainz. Trainz is for me a good sim but if N3V doesnt makes changes it will be boring or uninteresting. Trainz needs a faceclean.

Cheers

I hope that Auran/N3V Team will create the best Trainz Simulator in the whole world but if they can't make Trainz better than Railworks, people will buy Railworks instead of Trainz. A few years ago, Auran filed for bankruptcy and laid off some people. I am worried that if people buy Railworks instead of Trainz, Auran/N3V may go out of business. I checked out screenshots of Railworks 3 and found out that it has much better graphics than Trainz.

I checked out screenshots of Railworks 3 and found out that it has much better graphics than Trainz.

Where are these amazing screenshots from RW3? Most of the ones on their official website looked very lacking compared to TS12. I mean just for starters their track is similar to what we were using in UTC, the trees are still billboard rotating things, The buildings have no detail to them (and look very 2d, even Dave's 2D buildings look better), need I go on?

peter

The new Railworks upgreade is free for users that have Railworks 2 this being said the new graphics system is awsome.. The game code has been re wrote. Also the rain drop effects are awsome as well. This new upgrade has been worth the wait for it. Railworks is getting better and better everyday with more people making more stuff for it.

As long as it's using Steam, I will not give Railworks the time of day, and I have no qualms with using or developing content for other sims. The DRM is a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned.

Still dont know why people hate steam?

My biggest complaint is I don't like knowing Steam can effectively turn off the software I bought and paid for, for any reason. I know the Steam fanatics didn't learn anything from Walmart, Amazon, Microsoft, and Yahoo - to name a few - who pulled the plug and deactivated products their customers had bought and paid for.

I still don't know why people put up with it given that some of the biggest players in the business have pulled the rug out from under their own users, leaving them with worthless purchases.

My biggest complaint is I don't like knowing Steam can effectively turn off the software I bought and paid for, for any reason. I know the Steam fanatics didn't learn anything from Walmart, Amazon, Microsoft, and Yahoo - to name a few - who pulled the plug and deactivated products their customers had bought and paid for.

I still don't know why people put up with it given that some of the biggest players in the business have pulled the rug out from under their own users, leaving them with worthless purchases.

Um i never had that problem.

I own Railworks, so I'll give it a try when its released. But I can't see myself continuing to use Railworks, regardless of the changes. For me, Trainz is the best sim right now. This is coming from a MSTS vet btw.

I own Railworks, so I'll give it a try when its released. But I can't see myself continuing to use Railworks, regardless of the changes. For me, Trainz is the best sim right now. This is coming from a MSTS vet btw.

Hey dave i wonder where you went..:hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back