H/W Requirements

Permission`

Thanks. I don't yet have permission to view the h/w requirements.

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, was it an oversite or is there a reason why the h/w requirements are so hard to find ? I think this is first time I've ever looked into buying software and can't easily find this info.

Thanks. Don

This is what the link says:

Minimum
  • Windows XP (with Service Pack 3)
  • 2GB RAM
  • Pentium D 3.4GHz (or equivalent)
  • nVidia GeForce 7200 / 128MB (or equivalent)
  • 15GB free hard drive space
Under this configuration, it is expected that the game will successfully run all included routes. Frame rate will vary substantially and will be considered poor (barely playable) in the most dense areas. It is expected that the user will lower the screen resolution, draw distance, and other quality options.

Recommended
  • Windows Vista / Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • 2GB RAM
  • Core 2 Duo (or equivalent)
  • nVidia GeForce 8600 (or equivalent)
Frankly, I think the recommendation list is pretty screwed up, as there is no point in recommending a 64-bit OS with less than 4Gb of memory. More importantly, I would amend the recommended requirement to an nVidia 9500 or greater.

Minimum
  • Windows XP (with Service Pack 3)
  • 2GB RAM
  • Pentium D 3.4GHz (or equivalent)
  • nVidia GeForce 7200 / 128MB (or equivalent)
Under this configuration, it is expected that the game will successfully run all included routes. Frame rate will vary substantially and will be considered poor (barely playable) in the most dense areas. It is expected that the user will lower the screen resolution, draw distance, and other quality options.

Recommended
  • Windows Vista / Windows 7 (64 bit)
  • 2GB RAM
  • Core 2 Duo (or equivalent)
  • nVidia GeForce 8600 (or equivalent)
Not 100% sure if these have changed after the TS12 release.

Regards,

Back