Pathe News

Hi IKB And Everybody.
You posted a great one there IKB. It took me back to my school days in the 1950s when on a Saturday if we have enough pocket money we would go down the Bristol " news theater " not so much to watch the Pathe news but to see Superman and cartoons such as Tom and Jerry.

As for the old news film, just think of it 240 miles of electrification carried out for 42 million. How much is it going to cost to electrify the route between London Paddington and Bristol. I'm not to sure but but I know it is running into billions.

When you think of it it must have been a very traumatic time for all those employed on the railways during the 1950s modernization program with thousands of firemen from the old steam Loco's being made redundant along with many older drivers having to learn new skills.

Of course that was not the end of it as it all started again in the 60s when the beeching axe fell.

Again IKB, a great posting their

Bill

More than welcome guys, i am pleased you found the site interesting.

Thank you for the extra links nexus, can never have too much railway history. ;)

IKB.

Some really interesting video clips on the Pathe News site, if searched under "Railways".

http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=35345

IKB.
I am the Chinese players in China, I can download to examing game, so very regret, I thinkknow some gamer here, share experience. I am Chinese university student, want to make friend.if you want to understand China and understand me, just email me now
here is my email:0822jzh@163.com

Hi IKB And Everybody.
Hi nexus, thanks very much off to have a look. :)

When and where were you a driver, if you don't mind me asking please ?

IKB.

You never asked me that question because you know I only ever drove a truck. I'm upset now :'(

By the way IKB I was going to post to you on the forum from a Voyager on my way to Liverpool. However, unfortunately I could not get an Internet connection despite the fact they advertised it. Neither could I get a connection when stopped at any station.

I wanted you to bear witness to my claim as being the first Trainz forum member to post from a moving " privatized " British passenger train

I thought the above would make you laugh.

Bill
:D
NB:at least with this journey it arrived on time.
If you reply no " fluffing" the words this time.

Hi Bill, i had a Class 2 HGV licence untill about 11 yrs ago.

I also had a Class 1 PSV licence, which i allowed to lapse 3 yrs ago, due to ill health.

Both of which i passed in the early 1980`s after leaving British Rail.

So you are not the only "road runner" here. :D

No no no no Bill, you cannot refer to a Voyager, as having anything to do with railways. ;)

I don't know why they call it a "privatised railway". They get more public money pumped into them, than British Rail could ever dream of.

Thank goodness Wales voted "Yes" today, at least the Tories will not now have a free hand in trying to destroy this country.

All the best,
Mike.

The video about the folks living in Railway Cottages was most interesting. Back in the day when people had manners, everything was 'twee' (radiogram) and there was no such thing as a regional accent on TV.

Great links sirs.

Hi nexus, thanks very much off to have a look. :)

When and where were you a driver, if you don't mind me asking please ?

IKB.

I was based at one of the West midlands freight depots for just over 22 years : First few years as a trainman D , The rest as a driver.

Also got 12 months experience on the railway YTS when I left school . The experience put me off passengers for life , Hence the rest of my career was spent on the freight side !

Back