Non-drivable Cars with drivable busses

Ben1337

Trainz operator
I was wondering, is there a way to have scenery cars together with drivable busses without the cars going through the busses without the cars through through the busses and the busses not going through the cars?

The reaosn I wanted to ask this question, is because I have a railway with DMUs on it, but the fact is is that even cars on the road are faster then the actual DMU, the DMU going about 22-23MPH, the cars doing about 25 to 30MPH.

So I wondered if a drivable bus that carries passengers would be better suited for the task of transporting passengers along the branchline, but it would have to avoid the ordinary traffic on the road.

P.S. There is a level crossing opperated by boat's level crossing ststem on the way, which can close and open if a train is near.

Last edited:
Carz (with a Z, not an S ;) :p) run along the road splines. Drivable things are considered trains and are thus different objects in Trainz from the carz. This is why the carz can drive through the busses, as the bus is considered a train, and the cars are simply effects generated on the road splines.

Regards.

If you edit a bus config.txt file to add the tag:
trackside 0.01
then save and commit, the bus can now be added to the carz list in the region or to the route's region kuid and will share the road with the carz.

Bob

Question to rweber95

Wouldn't your solution change the driveable bus into a non-driveable bus that behaves like any of the carz? I have several driveable buses on invisible track laid on top of regular road and have the same problem as the original poster.

One solution might be to have the invisible track laid onto non-traffic roads parallel to normal roads so that the driveable buses have their own lane.

One solution might be to have the invisible track laid onto non-traffic roads parallel to normal roads so that the driveable buses have their own lane.
Possibly, but then the bus lane would have to be on both sides of the road all the way there and back on both sides of the roads.

I also don't think level crossings support bus lanes anyway.:p

P.S. Would boat's traffic lights help in any way?

Wouldn't your solution change the driveable bus into a non-driveable bus that behaves like any of the carz?
I didn't mean for you to alter a driveable bus. Pick a vehicle (scenery object that's not driveable) that's like the vehicles used on roads and make it useable on TS2010 by adding the trackside tag to its config.txt file.

Bob

Back