Q&A: Auran CEO Tony Hilliam on Gamespot

axe1970

Kuid: 1970 - J/D 5/8/2001
I know there is no "General Trainz" Forum now, so I thought I would post this here.

Q&A: Auran CEO Tony Hilliam
Australian developer speaks about working with independent publisher Gamecock, creating Battlestar Galactica for Xbox Live Arcade, and more.

I thought this might be of interest to some people here.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Auran follows the money and starts developing for consoles. Can't blame them really. Trainz Classic on XBox 360 anybody?

Good to see Trainz is at least mentioned though having the future described as "Trainz Classics, which is some new routes using the Trainz 2006 engine" is less than inspiring to me.

Auran CEO Tony Hilliam:

"Community is the key to online games success. So we're really going to be ramping up that side--community support will be the biggest growth area of our business now."
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif

TH: Our little Trainz projects go from strength to strength. We started that in 2000, and we're up to our fifth edition of that now. We have 250,000 members registered on our online Web site. We're doing a number of spin-off projects from that--we have three different releases coming out this year.

My italics. To me that puts Trainz and its future to Auran as a commercial company into perspective.

...no lost love hear...

:cool: patience...

Definitely, changes have been made, for the whole community to enjoy, endure, whatever...

And...so...let's realize that what we had has not left. We still have the best train-sim going.

And no one can speak for Auran Pty. Ltd.

You don't have a clue as to the future of the Trainz title. Allowing the provider to work as they will, you may be surprised at what can happen.

I so am into digital elevation mapping, of major US routes, in TRS2004, I don't have time to run Trainz!

I'm directing my fears toward coping the North American DEM's, before Homeland Security shuts down the availability.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with squeezing the old lemon...if you're also thinking about next year's crop...

Paul

Whoooaaaaa! Nice pics (especially the first one).

But...

But...

But...

I don't see any trains in the first one. Please don't tell us that those are bus drivers along the left hand side....

:D

Lamont

Cool pictures, Alan. I like the new driver interface with the little sliders at the bottom for controls.

John

Thanks for the pics Alan. :)

It's a shame though that info on the next Trainz products seems to only become available when rumbles of discontent start to surface.

ahh Alan

Trainz Classics nice, lets hope Greg Lane buy's one of the shelf:D I was hoping to see a picture of any changes in surveyor.

It says in Tony Hilliams Q & A interview on gamespot that Trainz Classics, which is some new routes using the Trainz 2006 engine, 2006 Engine? :rolleyes: I thought the new version had an updated code?

Ahsan:cool:

Last edited:
Back