changing .im files into .tga files...

maverickmc

SBCX Route Creator
hey, i have adobe Photoshop cs5 and then engines i want to edit have to be in .tga format, how do i change it, please be specific.

the engines mesh body thing is in .im file. i need the .tga file. i know you can go to file and save and change the file but i dont know how to open it, it wont open in gmax or anything else help please!!!

You can't edit the Mesh for an engine, You can edit the Textures, Which should already be in .TGA or .BMP file formats, Check for a folder Named "Body" That is normally Where the Textures are placed for Trainz assets...

the im is the mesh, it cointains no textures- just references to textures which will be in an image format with the mesh file.

Regards,
Phil

you dont need to and you CANT do it.

With the im file there will be files called something(s).texture and image files. You need to change the image files. Is the item you want to change on the DLS?

Regards,
Phil

the item is the amtrak p32 715 by: pvincent342 titled AMTRK P32ACDM idk if its on the DLS but its on my Content Manager on the ALL section.

ok. kool. i have vista so it is super stupid. so if it comes up on your comp as an tga or texture file in gonna be mad, haha

This is what I see in the p32_body folder. You want to edit main.bmp

whattodo.jpg

Regards,
Phil

You can edit BMPs in photoshop as far as Im aware, if not- try "paint.net" it's free and simple to use. You can either use this to convert the format, or do the editing of the texture.

Regards,
Phil

The dimensions of the image file need to stay that same as they are in the original or you're liable to get texture mapping doing weird things.
Mike

Back