Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland WIP

Beautiful screenshots and beautiful scenery, very atmospheric, and very realistic of the Snowdonia region of N. Wales.

Some are mine which are on the DLS, as are most of the carriages in the shots, the NGG16's are from Trainzone as are some of the others, afraid as you have just discovered most of the FR WHR stuff from Trainzone need fixing for 2010 and TS12 as it was made for 2004 originally, I have all of them here, from what I can remember as it was some time ago I sorted them out it's mostly config errors though.

I don't like to quote pics, but what is the track doing to the right of the train?

Currently in real life not a lot, as currently connected to the end of the bay platform at Ddaullt Station, from memory, first saw it in the late 60's I think when the deviation was being constructed, it's been a siding, a loop with a head shunt, a run round loop connected to the main line and what is now the bay platform for running round, Currently or last time I looked overgrown and not used, probably changed again by now.

Last edited:
Dduallt bay platform is still in occasional use, mainly by works trains or on galas. The loop at the top is still used, but steam locomotives and bogie carriages are forbidden. I guarded a fun little train of bug boxes pulled by Moelwyn a couple of years ago for a gala. You have to de-train the passengers at the bay platform, then draw forward into the loop to run round.

Dduallt bay platform is still in occasional use, mainly by works trains or on galas. The loop at the top is still used, but steam locomotives and bogie carriages are forbidden. I guarded a fun little train of bug boxes pulled by Moelwyn a couple of years ago for a gala. You have to de-train the passengers at the bay platform, then draw forward into the loop to run round.

If that was on the "Quirks and Curiousities" weekend, then I was on that train :)

cheers,
Kevin

I'v been away far too long, this is looking spectacular!

Marvellous work. Did you have to build the rock-tunnels just for the layout?

It's looking better and better. I think you're just about hitting the correct colour balance now - I find that that, much more than the actual level of detail, 'makes' the railway.

Regards,

Chris

Ah - makes sense. I would have guessed they'd be spline objects, so they could be curved to fit the route. Is each an individual asset, or are they all one lump?

Back