Config Edit Problem

It's OK, I wouldn't be posting on the forums if I didn't enjoy helping others.

The second error from the bottom can be fixed using PM2IM. (The .im file mentioned is the one to look for when using the Open box)

The other ones, though, I will need to investigate further. (The bottom one will need a graphic editor program to fix it)

Unfortunately, the other ones may be difficult to fix (new .tga files may need to be created for the asset - you may have to contact the content creator for advice on that one - they may have already created new .tga files)

The .texture.txt files seem to be in binary format (or the files mentioned are in .texture format, which Images2TGA should be able to sort), which I will investigate further.

Shane
I have contacted the creator of the locos. I will see what he has to say about the errors.....Thanks.....

I would like to thank you Railsong for asking the questions,it save me from asking.
Thank you Shane for explaining how to fix them.
I'm sure there is other that will need this information now and later.
Danny5

Lord.....another great reason for not using 2010.
Nothing wrong with TS2010. The OP opened a built-in asset for editing to make changes. Not something you do unless you know exactly what you're doing and how to make it work. Just like most people can strip a model engine down to it's component parts, few have the skill to put it all back together again without any parts left over and still have it work.

So with the right tools, PEVs utilities, and some knowledge, it is doable. One of the strengths of Trainz is the help that is available here in the forum. Try calling Märklin to ask how to put that $1000 loco back together and see how far you get.

Just want to thank you all for all the help. I still have those weird errors I mentioned last and contacted the author, but he said he can't help me as he hasn't created anything since TS2006 and wasn't familiar with TS2010. At least I have corrected some of the earlier errors with the PEVSoft tools. The locos that have the later errors still are running OK. Thanks to you all again. Don't know what I would do if it wasn't for these forums.....
Mel:)

That's what forums are for - for people to meet and help other people (where people post their messages and problems, and other people reply to them)

Even Auran has said that one of the main strengths of Trainz is in the Trainz Community and the forums (just have a read of the TS2009 manual to see what I mean)

Shane

railsong,
if you post the kuid number ot the UP loco and where you got if from, I'll do a fix and then tell you what I did.

Bob

2 of the errors will also require PEVSofts PM2IM tool, see my instructions on how to use it to fix the first 2 errors here.

Shane

Hi Shane,

I've go the same errors on some assets that PM2IM doesn't seem to fix.

E.g.
"Error: Texture 'dockcrane2-dockcraneopaque2.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'dredge.im'."
for asset <kuid2:60238:26112:2>

I tried deleting/downloading again and running thru PM2IM again but still have same error. Others have worked though.

Do you know of any other ways to fix these.

Thanks, Con.

I'm surprised there - most of the problems I have had relating to missing textures were sorted by that tool - are you sure you followed it step-by-step? (And remembered to run it in admin mode if using Windows Vista/7)

If that does not fix the problem , it may be one of those that will require the original creator to fix the error.

Shane

Ok, I've worked this out myself for pretty much all of them. For others out there also trying to fix when PM2IM doesn't work here's what I did.

First I created the missing image and txt file.
If you haven't done this before, make the image a fluro pink square (64 x64 or 128 x 128, etc) or similar so it stands out like a sore toe - thanks to whoever suggested this in the forums somewhere I read before.
Confirm the errors are gone using CM. Then view the mesh using PEV's mesh viewer.

If you can see fluro pink parts in the asset then try to find the correct images by searching other assets created by the same author - this has worked for me many times before for other errors.
You then replace the fluro pink image you created with the correct one.

If you can't find the right image, you should be able to either use one of the other images in the asset that is similar or create something that blends in. I usually use the name of the missing file for ideas.

If you can't see any fluro pink when viewing then you can just commit and leave the files as they are - they will never be seen. The file was probably never needed anyway but has to be there to keep CM happy.

Cheers, Con.

Moin,

If PM2IM can´t help, it will be a texture that is needed for the Gmax mesh but only the .texture text file is available.

try the following: look into the folder which picture could nearly display what is needed. Then open his texture text file with a text editor and save the same under new name, i.e. "dockcrane2-dockcraneopaque2.texture.txt". Then run the PM2IM application once more. Or open the texture txt file what is without the graphic and write down there the graphic file that you have choosen.
Now you don´t have the origin graphic but the CM "think" you have it because your new dockcrane2-dockcraneopaque2.texture.txt point it to another graphic file.
Mostly that works by me for all missing graphic files.

If anything isn´t understandable right, please ask, i don´t know if i have all described right in english language.

Last edited:
Back